The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

So what's your favorite mic on these vocalists? Any surprises?

...also forces more radical opinion), but I'm pretty sure "unusable" would stay more or less the same. So my opinion is: AKG C214 - unusable - yuck, it's worse than Behringer C1, I used it before and it is really bad sounding microphone AKG C314 - usable AKG C414 XLII - usable AKG C414 XLS - usable ASTON ORIGIN -...

View Post

basic microphone for vocals.

...expensive. Just to record my voice and also use the same mic for gaming. I was recommended the AKG C214 BAJAAO.COM - Buy AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone with Aluminium Case Online India, Musical Instruments Shopping The other options are the Rode NT1, NT1A and NT2A BAJAAO.COM - Buy Rode NT1 Cardioid Condenser Microphone...

View Post

basic microphone for vocals.

No offense to that post but I wouldn't base my decision on that. And honestly the 214 is more money than it makes sense to spend, given what you're doing. Cubase is a DAW; so is that, so you don't need it. If you know how to use Cubase and are happy with...

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The C214 professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect. The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.