The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The C214 professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect. The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.

Discussions

First studio... questions.. looking for advice

...future I may consider getting something for my aggressive raps xD Two other things that popped up often were the AKG C214 and Rode NTA1. Have you ever heard of those ones? Also... time to spend a few more days researching acoustic treatment. I seriously want to start ALREADY! I'm learning my MPC2000XL and FL Studio...

View Post

So what's your favorite mic on these vocalists? Any surprises?

...also forces more radical opinion), but I'm pretty sure "unusable" would stay more or less the same. So my opinion is: AKG C214 - unusable - yuck, it's worse than Behringer C1, I used it before and it is really bad sounding microphone AKG C314 - usable AKG C414 XLII - usable AKG C414 XLS - usable ASTON ORIGIN -...

View Post

good pre amp suggestion?

...dont want spend that much money for getting a mic that makes no difference with a rode nt1 or AKG C214 I ad rather get a good pre amp

View Post

Video Guides