The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

Modern Foo Fighters drum tracking techniques & equipment?

...EQP2/Distressor) on kick; Shure SM57 on snare top and bottom (custom API pre/EQ’d and summed in API 1608/Distressor); AKG 452 (Neve 1073) on hi-hat; Josephson E22S (API 1608 pre) on toms; AKG 452 (Neve 1073) on ride. But as the concrete floor created mad reflections, Brown experimented with overhead and ambient placement. Grohl demanded more...

View Post

Good $200 all-around dynamic mic mainly for snare?

...about 3 to 5. hi pass at desk at 45 3. Hats. pencil condensor. 20 cm above and pointing down. AKG 452 eb or similar. hi pass at the desk around 125 to 140,no compression to tape 4. toms times 3. just good dynamics. i have AKG D3400s and sm78s and senheiser MD-441s available so use...

View Post

Mics for echo chamber?

We supplied 4311/451s to Criteria @ the same time. One of my favorite memories is while delivering some gear to the studio shop..which was underneath the main chamber..the Albert Brothers were mixing CSN’s To the Last Whale...I heard the chamber singing. You can hear it here...on the intro...still gives me a rush. YouTube

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?