The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Akai Professional MPK88 is a professional performance keyboard controller with MPC production controls. The MPK88 draws on the design of the popular MPK49, the first keyboard ever to feature MPC pads. This first-of-its-kind keyboard is ideal for performance, starting with a premium, fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard, adding MPC pads, Q-Link controls, and a selection of MPC technologies. The MPK88 is born for the stage and is equally at home in the studio. Features

• 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
  • 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
  • Ableton Live Lite Akai Pro Edition software included
  • MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 64 samples
  • Control up to 72 software parameters with 24 assignable Q-Link knobs, buttons, and faders
  • Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
  • MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
  • Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
  • MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
  • MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
  • Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software

Discussions

Komplete kontrol with NON NI vsts

...keys. I LOVE this controller! Keybed is SO much nicer for me than my previously owned akai MPK49 and MPK88. The new Akai's look great but Akai software to date has been buggy for me. The KK is performing very solidly. I have great pads on my Korg M3 and...

View Post

What are you guys using for transport control?

Nothing you've missed. DP doesn't work with MIDI Machine Control ,(MMC), which a lot of controller keyboards including AKAI use for the transport. DP can use Mackie, HUI, the computer keyboard, and MIDI notes for the transport controls. Apparently you can set up MIDI CC in DP to work with the AKAI, but it's...

View Post

Why isn't DP one of the "Top three" DAWs?

...today, just to do it. I have a MOTU MTP/AV and that will receive the proper MMC commands from the AKAI MPK88, but the MPK88 will only send them via regular MIDI... A PITA because I do use other DAWs, so I'll only use this when working long hours in DP.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?