The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X

49 Years old here :facepalm: When the original "Akai" MPC60 came out, the list price was $5,500! I worked for a family owned musical instrument distributing company at the time and was able to buy one at a great price when they first came out. When it finally arrived...

View Post

MPC60, SP1200 Drums Questions.

...into preamps etc. For this, I have two MPC2500 that are for sample playback and some sampling. I also have an MPC60 that is great but I don’t use it as much just due to its limitations in practical life. I could always get a CF holder or FDD emulator and could make it more...

View Post

Akai MG614 Tape Sync

...so my question, is... Does any know if these units can be dasiy chained together. Example 2 MG614’s and Mpc60. Mpc60 tape sync out to Mg614 tape sync in, Mg614 sync out to Mg614 sync in Mg614 sync out to MPC60 sync in? I already have 1 MG614 I’m just contemplating getting another unit....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

16 Voice polyphonic classic sampler workstation. Designed by Roger Linn. The samper itself is 12 bit, 40 KHz but uses very good sounding converters, it has a sound but is punchy when needed. The memory was upgradable from 768 KByte to 1.5 Mbyte. It has the 16 Akai soft pads with velocity and aftertouch. The sequencer has a very tight feel with a musical swing, and can hold 20 songs, 99 sequences, 99 tracks and has 60.000 note velocity. It has a full MIDI specification, MTC, SMPTE, FSK24, Pulse 96 ppqn and click input. The production started in 1988.