The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

After 2 days of testing. This version isn't worth it if you already have v8, most of the new features for the newcomers who want to sound like someone else music. Maybe I'll consider v10 but not v9 at all.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Izotope say Ozone 9 includes a new version of Tonal Balance Control but Neutron 3 advanced already has Tonal Balance Control v2 which looks the same as the one in the Ozone 9 video.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I haven't had time to dig into O9, but I already prefer it to O8. The re-sizable GUI and overall look are great!! I didn't like the look of O8 much - prefered O7.
Whilst having a quick look, the display of the Multiband Compressor is a great update. I'm looking forward to checking out the new features.

Also, the great service from iZotope is greatly appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have 8 standard, and I can see nothing in 9 standard that is worth an upgrade. Nothing new, just the existing modules have been "improved"
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just wanted to add my experience from last night when I bought the upgrade from Advanced 5 to Advanced 9

1) it was 149 for me. i bought it direct, then updated and used the izotope portal thing on my imac, it downloaded in there and was soon in my current session

2) when I opened the plug for the first time I added my SN and it worked right away

- I have had 5 forever it seems and never thought I would need an upgrade, I had sort of my fav presets going saved into my template, I mix straight into Ozone as a singer songwriter, its fast and most of my stuff sounds the same lol

3) First thing I did was check some presets and almost immediately landed on one called "Analog Dreams", wow, I really liked it and what it was doing. I used to use on called "Gentle Tube" in 5. I am not looking for some massive fix in my mastering, just the right boost and clarity. This was for me, much better than what I was getting in 5. Its one of those thing you don't notice because you have never heard it.

It was clear, deep and rich.

4) the next thing I noticed and worked with was how easy it was to tweak little things in 9, and how instantly you noticed differences. again, my mixes are usually right about where I want them but I was able to clarify bass parts, and bring a whole new picture at times to the song (straight up simple rock song, acoustic guitars, electric, strings, bass, drums, vocals)

5) tonight I am going to mess around with the assistant and just start playing around. In the end once i get a handle on the plug I will probably save a preset, drop it into my template and just mix right in and never use much again lol, so i am probably a sucky customer since all my stuff is the same.

but, for me, going from 5 to 9 was a massive change and well worth the 149. Just in terms of the presets sounding better, and then the ability to deep dive into small tweaks it was just plain easy and fun to use.

probably not much help for most of you needing to use it as a mastering or engineer since I don't change much. but if you are a single songwriter and are way back on an older version I would jump on this and go have some fun.

thanks

PS - re read some posts here, the CPU is less for me than 5 lol or very close. same song, i just took 5 off and added 9. as a reference this is on an older Imac 2014, i7 3.2 quad I think, 32 gigs older ram, SSD. Since I mix into Ozone its always on and I have had no issues with the project still at 256, with say 26 tracks with an average of maybe 3 plugs per track, the normal comp, eq, delay verb stuff. CPU meter in Cubase X is around 30%?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Just wanted to add my expereince from last night when I bought the upgrade from Advanced 5 to Advanced 9

1) it was 149 for me. i bought it direct, then updated and used the izotope portal thing on my imac, it downloaded in there and was soon in my current session

2) when I opened the plug for the first time I added my SN and it worked right away

- I have had 5 forever it seems and never thought I would need an upgrade, I had sort of my fav presets going saved into my template, I mix straight into Ozone as a singer songwriter, its fast and most of my stuff sounds the same lol

3) First thing I did was check some presets and almost immediately landed on one called "Analog Dreams", wow, I really liked it and what it was doing. I used to use on called "Gentle Tube" in 5. I am not looking for osme massive fix in my mastering, just the right boost and clarity. This was for me, much better than what I was getting in 5. Its one of those thing you dont notice because you have never heard it.

It was clear, deep and rich.

4) the next thing I noticed and worked with was how easy it was to tweak little things in 9, and how instantly you noticed differences. again, my mixes are usually right about where I want them but I was able to clarify bass parts, and bring a whole new picture at times to the song (straight up simple rock song, acoustic guitars, electric, strings, bass, drums, vocals)

5) tonight I am going to mess around with the assistant and just start playing around. In the end once i get a handle on the plug I will probably save a preset, drop it into my template and just mix right in and never use much again lol, so i am probably a sucky customer since all my stuff is the same.

but, for me, going from 5 to 9 was a massive change and well worth the 149. Just in terms of the presets sounding better, and then the ability to deep dive into small tweaks it was just plain easy and fun to use.

probably not much help for most of you needing to use it as a mastering or engineer since I dont changemuch. but if you are a single songwriter and are way back on an older version I would jump on this and go have some fun.

thanks
And this is why their upgrade policy needs fixing fast! How can someone who hasn’t supported them for 3 versions be paying the same price as someone who had V8?! So you skipped updates which some of us all paid, and then get the same loyalty offer!! Makes zero sense to me(not that I’m saying I’m angry at you as that is a great deal on your end). IZOTOPE....please get your sh*t together!!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hey

yeah sorry about that, I was curious about 9 when I saw some of what it had, so I just logged into my account and clicked update from 5 advanced. it was 149.

I hope you guys who have done more than me get some help
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Hey

yeah sorry about that, I was curious about 9 when I saw some of what it had, so I just logged into my account and clicked update from 5 advanced. it was 149.

I hope you guys who have done more than me get some help
Like others have said, iZotope's upgrade path is always a mess, some people can upgrade from a free product from 2 years ago for $99, whereas someone who has supported iZotope since the very start and bought everything they've made over the years might be asked to pay more . . . I just wait for all the dust to settle, after a few months some better offers often come along, especially through third party sites like PluginBoutique.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
So when did you buy the previous upgrade (2.1) ?

August 19th
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I got the advanced upgrade for $125 at plugindiscounts. Seems like a great upgrade. Also seems kind of buggy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
August 19th
Thanks for the info.

I purchased mine August 25, so hopefully ...

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I purchased mine August 25, so hopefully ...

No problem! Good luck!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

It's still the small things about Ozone that irritate me...Like it not remembering where I last saved my renders (or a tick-box to set my desired location as a default).
Having to navigate back to the same default location (my default!) over and over is really tiresome.

The full-screen mode is most welcome though. Just please, patch in the ability to save a default render location and don't withhold it to the next version!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I upgraded to MPS 2.1 during a sale on plugin boutique. The important point is... Izotope DOES have an upgrade grace period! If you bought an upgrade during that time period (within the last 2 months) you're probably eligible for a free upgrade!
So grateful you posted this and I saw it as I contacted Izotope and I have now received a grace period upgrade to MPS 3. I had no idea I was eligible for that before I saw your post. I'm very happy I received the upgrade but it would have been nice if this showed up in my personal offers without asking as I might well have paid unnecessarily to upgrade otherwise.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
So grateful you posted this and I saw it as I contacted Izotope and I have now received a grace period upgrade to MPS 3. I had no idea I was eligible for that before I saw your post. I'm very happy I received the upgrade but it would have been nice if this showed up in my personal offers without asking as I might well have paid unnecessarily to upgrade otherwise.
Man, reading this put a smile on my face. Glad to hear that it worked out for you. As far as getting a heads up directly Izotope goes... I was feeling the exact same way you are now. They really should do something about that. Anyway, I'm really glad I could be of help.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
Yeah, that part is always a mess, my 'Loyalty Offers' section is a terrifying mess that shouts "don't get involved, you'll only get stung !!"

Here are my Loyalty Offers . . . .
...snip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
Should I go for the Neutron 3 Advanced Loyalty Offer for $299 . . . or upgrade the very same piece of software to the very same new product for only $199 with the Neutron 3 Advanced Upgrade . . . I really want to be loyal, but it'll cost me $100 more than using the standard upgrade path !

Or even more perplexing, should I upgrade my copy of Ozone with Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (for $199) or with Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (for $299) . . . . or perhaps go for Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade for just $149 ?

Three prices for the very same identical product . . . mmmm . . . decisions, decisions.

Or if none of those appeal to me I could try Ozone 9 Advanced Loyalty Offer . . . and like all good Loyalty Offers it comes in as the most expensive at $299, sharing the top spot for cost with the very disloyal Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (not to be confused with the other two differently priced Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade offers).

So, four choices, $299, $299, $199, $149 for the same product

Same deal with the MPS, upgrade for just $299, or use the Loyalty Offer and get to pay another $100 at $399.
Every time I see an iZotope rep at a show or function, I beg them to please, please, PLEASE get their purchasing system under control. They all know it sucks, they all apologize for it, and nothing ever changes.

Most recently, when Neutron 3 Advanced came out, I emailed for clarification on how that would affect the Suite I purchased w/N2A. It took days to get a response, and I'm still not confident that their database reflects that my Suite now includes N3A. To their credit, they did send me a link for the upgrade pricing since the delay in responding took me out of the introductory period.

Currently, among my "Loyalty" upgrade offers, they're magnanimously offering an upgrade to Vocal Synth 2, WHICH I ALREADY OWN, for just $129. And I have several similar offers for other products I already have licensed..

Seriously, iZotope, PLEASE put all plugin development on hold, and devote your entire dev team to fixing your purchasing and license system. And figure out a "complete my bundle" function while you're at it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man, reading this put a smile on my face. Glad to hear that it worked out for you. ...

And for me !

Thanks for your help

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
And for me !

Thanks for your help

Dope! Great news man!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Gotta say...I am pretty pissed after reading this. I only upgraded to MPB 2.1 at the end of August, and just spent $125 upgrading to Ozone 9 advanced when apparently, I didn't have to...

Cheers for punishing my customer loyalty, iZotope. I won't forget it...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I know subscriptions, etc are a dicey subject... but, I was doing a rent to own on ozone 8 and Neutron advanced from splice... had 4 months left... just hit a button and for the same monthly rate and I was upgraded these versions...

Anyhoo... makes sense for me tax-wise
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

... three pages, 70 odd posts and I don’t think a single one on how these plugs sound...

Instead of gifting the world with your personal spin on the exact same post 38 other people have already farted into the universe, try picking one and clicking the like button instead of adding to the rants

Yes... I think their update path deal has been broken for awhile... it ain’t changing... the end
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
And this is why their upgrade policy needs fixing fast! How can someone who hasn’t supported them for 3 versions be paying the same price as someone who had V8?! So you skipped updates which some of us all paid, and then get the same loyalty offer!! Makes zero sense to me(not that I’m saying I’m angry at you as that is a great deal on your end). IZOTOPE....please get your sh*t together!!!!
That sort of upgrade policy has both a positive and negative affect on customers.

Those that like to stay frequently up to date will prefer to pay less when jumping from version to version as they become available than someone who upgrades once every few versions; but those who choose to upgrade every few versions will be more likely to do business with a developer if they wont be penalized for taking that sort of upgrade strategy by having to pay an increasing amount the farther behind they are.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I miss the “amount” slider feature than ozone 4 and 5 had.
You could increase or decrease the intensity of each module in ozone v4 and v5 with “amount” slider

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
I miss the “amount” slider feature than ozone 4 and 5 had.
You could increase or decrease the intensity of each module in ozone v4 and v5 with “amount” slider

Could this not be done in parallel?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artech909 View Post
They cut out Matching EQ option from Ozone 9 Equalizer module, and made it less functional... Downgrading EQ module is such a great marketing decision!
The matching eq module is still there open the "ozone 9" plug, where you can add modules. Not Ozone 9 eq.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
Gotta say...I am pretty pissed after reading this. I only upgraded to MPB 2.1 at the end of August, and just spent $125 upgrading to Ozone 9 advanced when apparently, I didn't have to...

Cheers for punishing my customer loyalty, iZotope. I won't forget it...
I would email Izotope support and politely explain that you did not know there was an upgrade grace period and that you were eligible for it. Say that due to the fact it did not show up in your personal offers it would seem only fair that they refund your Ozone 9 upgrade payment and send you a MPS 3 serial.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Could this not be done in parallel?
Probably but that will require putting ozone on the send on master bus ?.

Those sliders were used to adjust all oaremeters in specific module
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
The matching eq module is still there open the "ozone 9" plug, where you can add modules. Not Ozone 9 eq.
In early versions you can correct captured FFT curve with EQ (this is typical workflow in any Matching EQ plug-in on the market) and now you can't do anything with captured frequency curve. Im pro mixing engineer with 20 years of experience and this is downgrade in my book.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Saturatio for the heads up here, another grace period buyer, and thanks to Izotope for the great support.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
iZotope is such an endless mess. They don't listen, they don't learn, they don't improve.

You better check out alternatives first. It's a free market and there is plenty of good cats out there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search