The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Check out jrrshop for better prices compared to the "loyality offer" from izotope itself. I can upgrade from MPS 2.1 to MPS 3 for 169$ which includes Ozone 9 and the 2 reverbs. Izotope offers me the MPS 3 for 399$, which gives me the very same as i get with the 169$ deal from jrr shop.

Check out the deals here (you get a discount automatically during checkout)
https://www.jrrshop.com
Just waiting on a couple other 3rd party vendors to put it on their sites like AudioDeluxe etc. so I can compare the competition.
I still might just wait for Black Friday though as I had my eye on some other things more important for my arsenal at the moment and Ozone 9 Advanced isn't exactly leaps and bounds above Ozone 8 Advanced and don't really need more reverbs to make me have to jump on this right away. I still think they will also update another product line soon for MPS3.1 so might wait till then.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I really don’t feel like paying another $150 to Izotope for a slight improvement in the limiter...We’re being asked to pay for the development of all this automated crap no one with any experience needs.

It reminds me of what Apple has been doing for the last 10 years: leaving their professional user base in the dust.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have Ozone 8 and while it has it's uses, I've pretty much swapped it out of my sessions for Leapwing's suite of plugs. Dynone plus StageOne can do wonders on the master buss and it sounds more natural.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
I have Ozone 8 and while it has it's uses, I've pretty much swapped it out of my sessions for Leapwing's suite of plugs. Dynone plus StageOne can do wonders on the master buss and it sounds more natural.
Not tried Leapwing's stuff yet, mainly because of the price point even when on sale but I guess a demo wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Just wondering whether you get much control over Leapwing's plugins or whether a lot of it is hidden "under the hood" as looking at the GUIs it just came across this way - especially DynOne?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Some of the features could be useful for the home recording user, but Ozone tends to hammer my CPU on sessions. I can be at 50% or less on Pro Tools, I put Ozone on the end of my mix bus for sending out mixes for client feedback and I get dropouts.

I can only imagine what 9 would do.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
Some of the features could be useful for the home recording user, but Ozone tends to hammer my CPU on sessions. I can be at 50% or less on Pro Tools, I put Ozone on the end of my mix bus for sending out mixes for client feedback and I get dropouts.

I can only imagine what 9 would do.
Yeah, I wouldn't really be bringing Ozone in to a full mix session, best to mix it down to a stereo file and then use Ozone.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't really be bringing Ozone in to a full mix session, best to mix it down to a stereo file and then use Ozone.
That's the problem. For sending out mixes for notes it's easier to just whack on some basic mastering and send it. But if I have to export it twice it just takes longer so I use Fabfilter.

CPU usage seems to go up with each Ozone version.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
That's the problem. For sending out mixes for notes it's easier to just whack on some basic mastering and send it. But if I have to export it twice it just takes longer so I use Fabfilter.

Ah I get you. Yeah if just for feedback Fabfilter L2 is good, I like that one myself.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
You're so right.

I have used Izotope products since the beginning, I even have the old Soundforge tools which still sound great, but recently took the Ozone route at my own studio, then bagged the MPS2.1.

Maybe someone from Izotope can comment here on the MP Suite crazy price as I just don't get it.

They sell the whole MP Suite as being a way to save money with updates and upgrades. It would appear this is not true. Glad I purchased on my Credit Card.
Hey Black, looks like I was still in the grace period! They gave gave me a free a free upgrade license to MPS 3 (Ozone 9 advanced and the 2 reverbs). You should give them a shout asap and see if they can set you up too!

Good luck
Old 2 weeks ago
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
Hey Black, looks like I was still in the grace period! They gave gave me a free a free upgrade license to MPS 3 (Ozone 9 advanced and the 2 reverbs). You should give them a shout asap and see if they can set you up too!

Good luck
Did you buy it during those sales some weeks ago? Or did you pay the full price? They
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
For sending out mixes for notes it's easier to just whack on some basic mastering and send it.
That's more what Ozone Elements is for (which was actually free for a bit leading up to this Ozone 9 release). If you're not going to be making in-depth tweaks, Elements will be more suitable in your case for doing a quick loudness boost.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

O8 is cpu hog and my offline bounces are 1.3x... no dif almost than online
Mac 12 core tcan 64 ram
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Good luck
Hope there is still!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifried View Post
O8 is cpu hog
The Spectral Shaper module especially has been a very big culprit to that end.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Did you buy it during those sales some weeks ago? Or did you pay the full price? They
I upgraded to MPS 2.1 during a sale on plugin boutique. The important point is... Izotope DOES have an upgrade grace period! If you bought an upgrade during that time period (within the last 2 months) you're probably eligible for a free upgrade!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'll wait for MPS 3.1 in 4 months.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I upgraded to MPS 2.1 during a sale on plugin boutique. The important point is... Izotope DOES have an upgrade grace period! If you bought an upgrade during that time period (within the last 2 months) you're probably eligible for a free upgrade!

Did they actually tell you - 2 months grace period ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've had nothing but trouble with Ozone 8 here on Mac.
Export three versions of mixes from PT, process via Ozone 8 standalone, export from Ozone, reimport in PT, all three mixes from Ozone have different start times lol

If a song starts softly then has a loud hit as the band comes in, Mastering Assistant, often, misses it and the mix shows a major volume shift at the point of the transient, sounds like an engineer being late on pulling a fader back.

Tech support useless. Takes days to get back to you, suggests reinstalling Ozone.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leee14 View Post

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, but there is a note on the Izotope website that Ozone 9 does have issues with Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.356 (which is what I have), saying that there might be crashes when you open up Ozone 9. I haven't had any crashes, but that issue might be related. Hopefully that will be updated and fixed soon.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade. For now I can get around the clicking and popping by freezing a couple of my tracks.
I saw this on their website as well and they suggest rolling back to Windows 10 Version 1803 if possible. I am also currently on 1903 so was just wondering whether anyone else has experience of using Ozone 9 on this version and whether it is running ok for them? Cheers.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend View Post
I've got Neutron and still use good old Alloy 2 more often . . . .
Same here, I have Neutron 2 Advanced, but use Alloy 2 much more often.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

This one is advertised as being lighter on the CPU (at least lighter than O8) . . . . .

"expect lower CPU usage and shorter startup times with Ozone 9 compared to Ozone 8"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6yVesdLOXOM
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
I have Ozone 8 Advanced (and the Music Production Suite 2) and it's showing $299 for me to upgrade to Ozone 9 Advanced. It's actually showing me a cheaper path with the Music Production Suite upgrade at $249.

I'm seriously questioning the value of this upgrade at the $150 price people here are mentioning, but it's surely not worth $299 to me.

- I can do the mix rebalance for vocal/bass/drums in RX7 Standard.
- The low end focus can be worked out with the mask EQ tools.
- There was a match EQ feature before, no? (Maybe thinking of another plug I own.)

Although it would be handy to have these in the plugin, they're still tools I have from iZotope.
Same boat here. New Izotope product drops and it's the usual upgrade price head-scratching.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Same boat here. New Izotope product drops and it's the usual upgrade price head-scratching.
I even found when I logged in to my account and looked at my Loyalty offers and then went in to past purchases part and back again to the loyalty offers part the offers have changed and there were more of them lol.
I emailed them yesterday and they sent a link with upgrade price of $199 to MPS3 from MPS2.1 whereas in my account loyalty area the best I was seeing was $249 for MPS3 so go figure. I don't think they have their site working properly in any event - let's hope their plugins fare better. ($199 is the same as most third party retailers so looks like they don't really want to be fussed with the sales side of things just development imho).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I even found when I logged in to my account and looked at my Loyalty offers and then went in to past purchases part and back again to the loyalty offers part the offers have changed and there were more of them lol.
I emailed them yesterday and they sent a link with upgrade price of $199 to MPS3 from MPS2.1 whereas in my account loyalty area the best I was seeing was $249 for MPS3 so go figure. I don't think they have their site working properly in any event - let's hope their plugins fare better. ($199 is the same as most third party retailers so looks like they don't really want to be fussed with the sales side of things just development imho).
They are obviously clever people and have always been nice in my dealings with them but they continually trip at this same hurdle. Last time I had to reach out to them to clear up the confusing price offers which they apologised for.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Did they actually tell you - 2 months grace period ?
Direct from the email:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care! Sorry for your trouble.

It looks like you're within our grace period for free upgrades to MPS3..."
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
This one is advertised as being lighter on the CPU (at least lighter than O8) . . . . .

"expect lower CPU usage and shorter startup times with Ozone 9 compared to Ozone 8"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6yVesdLOXOM
I totally missed this! I’ll give the demo a go, thank you. I stand corrected hopefully!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
They are obviously clever people and have always been nice in my dealings with them but they continually trip at this same hurdle. Last time I had to reach out to them to clear up the confusing price offers which they apologised for.
Yeah, that part is always a mess, my 'Loyalty Offers' section is a terrifying mess that shouts "don't get involved, you'll only get stung !!"

Here are my Loyalty Offers . . . .

Should I go for the Neutron 3 Advanced Loyalty Offer for $299 . . . or upgrade the very same piece of software to the very same new product for only $199 with the Neutron 3 Advanced Upgrade . . . I really want to be loyal, but it'll cost me $100 more than using the standard upgrade path !

Or even more perplexing, should I upgrade my copy of Ozone with Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (for $199) or with Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (for $299) . . . . or perhaps go for Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade for just $149 ?

Three prices for the very same identical product . . . mmmm . . . decisions, decisions.

Or if none of those appeal to me I could try Ozone 9 Advanced Loyalty Offer . . . and like all good Loyalty Offers it comes in as the most expensive at $299, sharing the top spot for cost with the very disloyal Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade (not to be confused with the other two differently priced Ozone 9 Advanced Upgrade offers).

So, four choices, $299, $299, $199, $149 for the same product

Same deal with the MPS, upgrade for just $299, or use the Loyalty Offer and get to pay another $100 at $399.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I totally missed this! I’ll give the demo a go, thank you. I stand corrected hopefully!
The quote is from 6:45 in the video, right towards the end.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Direct from the email:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care! Sorry for your trouble.

It looks like you're within our grace period for free upgrades to MPS3..."

So when did you buy the previous upgrade (2.1) ?

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
"between 15 - 25% less load on the CPU"

@1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21J7qLS8ag0
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search