The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Lion Audio introduces the B173 Quad Single-Channel Preamps
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Black Lion Audio introduces the B173 Quad

Please give a warm welcome to all 70dB of Black Lion Audio’s latest iteration of 1073-style gain, the B173 Quad! Rather than “just another clone,” the B173 Quad seamlessly combines vintage character with modern sensibilities in a stylish 2U chassis with a feature set to satisfy the most demanding of audio engineers. A revamped gain stage and lower noise floor pave the way to a cleaner, lower distortion sound, while Cinemag input and output transformers keep things smooth and warm.

Two front panel D.I.’s impart a harmonically rich tone to guitars, keyboards, and synthesizers, and stepped input gain and variable output attenuation allow for perfect control over transformer saturation. Metering on all 4 channels displays how hot your output signal is hitting the parallel TRS/XLR outputs, and an external power supply keeps noise out of your tracks!

At under $375/channel, there’s no reason not to add a B173 Quad to your front end arsenal, or two!

check at at AES, Booth #340
Attached Thumbnails
Black Lion Audio introduces the B173 Quad-b173quad_1_2500x2500.jpg   Black Lion Audio introduces the B173 Quad-b173quad_2_2500x2500.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Cool, but that flip-floppy layout hurts my brains!

Added: OK, I get it now... they're staggered, rather than how my mind was initially trying to decode it.

Good work BL!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Cool, but that flip-floppy layout hurts my brains!

Added: OK, I get it now... they're staggered, rather than how my mind was initially trying to decode it.

Good work BL!
I had the same initial response of "where is the pattern here" before eventually getting it. Some outlines of the channels on the front panel would've made it more obvious. That said, very interested in hearing this.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search