The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PreSonus Expands Control Surface Offerings with FaderPort 16 Control Surfaces
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

yah aside from the design having a heavy 'guitar center' look the single pan pot is a huge bummer. why not go all out if you're going this far? meh. waiting for someone to one-up.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Oh... I only just realised that there aren't pan pots... that's hilarious!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Pan pots and signal indicators

I'm looking at downsizing and the XTOUCH caught my eye, and so has this unit.

I've been working for some time with sort of a hybrid controller in a sense, a Yamaha N12 mixer. I use the transport controls, faders, and PAN POTS on all the channels, although these are not integrated with the DAW. I hardly ever look at the computer monitor, which I like. I've got to have individual PAN POTS otherwise it just doesn't flow right. Hmmm, wait this doesn't have LED signal indicators, or am I not seeing something here? With my current setup when I'm mixing I'm focused on the mixer, most everything I need is right there. This is a workflow I'm use to and like.

Someone please tell me this has LED signal indicators.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Oh... I only just realised that there aren't pan pots... that's hilarious!
Yeah... even more glad now for the X-Touch. When I'm mixing with a DAW I need gain/mute/pan for each channel... I'll do the EQ and other stuff on the computer screen. I suppose that having gain and mute may be enough for some.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

i just did a song in Cubase 9.5 and when I went to mix (I use LCR) i just reached for the pan knobs per channel as needed and thought about this. I wouldn't like having to select a channel first to pan it, i was grabbing 2 at a time the whole way down 36 tracks.

so far the Xtouch has been solid. I used a presonus live mixer doing some church shows and it was a good piece of kit so I am not slagging them, but they could have just done a few more things that are basic to a controller and had a hit
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
i was grabbing 2 at a time the whole way down
THIS!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search