The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The AEA RPQ2 Ribbon Preamp provides two channels of high-quality, high-gain, low-noise preamplification with a rich and musical sound that complements the natural tonality of your microphone. Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the RPQ2 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound that ribbons are uniquely known for. With 81dB of gain, JFET circuitry, and an input impedance of 63K Ohms, the RPQ2 delivers the precision, quietness, and headroom needed for today's high-resolution recordings. The RPQ2 is AEA’s second iteration of the high-performance RPQ preamp with the addition of some new and useful features. It is now possible to plug your instrument directly into the RPQ2’s high impedance circuit with its front-panel direct inputs. The RPQ2 also includes a Mic/Line switch for balanced line inputs and outputs, as well as inserts for patching compressors or other effects between the preamp and CurveShaper™ EQ section. The RPQ2's CurveShaper™ EQ gives you the tools to control your ribbons right at the start of the signal path. Switchable and tunable low frequency (LF) and high frequency (HF) controls allow you to tame proximity problems and provide high-frequency extension and slope control. Engineers have discovered that the RPQ2 is a perfect fit with condensers and moving coil microphones. By virtue of its sonic qualities and versatility, the AEA RPQ2 is the tool of choice for all microphones whenever a true and pristine signal path is desired. Detailed and accurate, the AEA RPQ2 is a high-quality, high-gain choice for all microphones.

Discussions

Mic choice for Jazz recording

Ok guys, The R88 & RPQ2 arrived. I did a test today in a completely untreated room, but the room has decent acoustics. The singer was sick, but I had to pressure her to do this rockout I put the singer in front of the R88 and I stood with my bass exactly behind the...

View Post

AEA ♠️ We've got an ACE up our sleeve ♠️

...hands are big and this mic dwarfs my hand. The ACE sounds like a velvet sledge-hammer, smooth and immensely powerful. RPQ2 sounds like it was built with an active 44 in mind ;-) I will hook up the Coil Preamps and ACE tomorrow, not sure there is anything left to improve the RPQ2>ACE pairing...

View Post

Revive audio mod

...about a Chandler TG2 500 or JLM TG500. Need a SCA J99B 1-shot too, but then again could use a RPQ2 500. I hate it when I have to make all of these decisions.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides