The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

KU5A MICROPHONE OVERVIEW Supercardioid polar pattern that rejects room tone and instrument bleed Detailed, extended top end with ribbon smoothness and warmth Supreme durability for close-range, outdoor, and live use Active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps Front address design with built-in yoke is simple to position Integrated high-pass filter switch reduces proximity effect at close-range Matte black finish is discreet on camera Made in the U.S.A.

Discussions

Introducing the AEA KU5A Supercardioid Ribbon Microphone

Today, AEA is excited to introduce the KU5A. The supercardioid KU5A breaks new ground in ribbon technology with its acutely focused directionality that rejects bleed from other instruments, room reflections, and loud ambience in the studio and on stage. Never before has a ribbon mic delivered as much clarity and breadth of sound in a package...

View Post

favorite ribbon mic for...

...before was very quiet. Except for the Blue Woodpecker (which is only OK to my ears), the Samar and KU5A are the first ribbons I've tried out of this latest run of new ribbons that don't roll off the high end as much. I was wondering if there is something in their...

View Post

Samar VL37 vs AEA N8

For clarity, was it an AEA K vs N, KU5A?

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?