The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The CM87 is a large-diaphragm, three-pattern, fet condenser microphone that features our double-diaphragm/double back-plate, 6-micron AK67 type capsule and Class A transformer-coupled amplifier design. It is well suited for recording vocals or instruments in any studio or live application. The CM87 is built to a very high standard and offers a remarkably full yet well-defined and ultra-clean sound that is perfectly suited to the most demanding radio, dialogue and recording tasks. Its pickup pattern can be configured as omni, cardioid, or figure-eight. The CM87 has 14dB more headroom than traditional fet/transformer circuits.

Discussions

What is a real Neumann u87 substitute without the brand recognition

...don't really save money there. Maybe a Mojave MA-200 would work. Advanced Audio has a really nice looking CM87 for $379Advanced Audio Microphones CM87 LDC Fet microphones. | Advanced Audio Microphones. Brian at Fox Audio Research could get you something similar built but with a tube head amp probably. I'm...

View Post

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...much about mics as you obviously do, or as much as Guosheng does. But I do know one thing: your CM87 doesn't hold a candle to the Warbler I. It's not even close. To my ear, next to the Warbler, the CM87 sounds cheap and thin. Put those two mics side by side (which...

View Post

anyone using Advanced Audio mics?

I have the Spirit, and I find it to be very, very bright and sibilant. Frankly I think it's useless for vocals. I like it for some applications; I've gotten good results using it as a drum overhead, and it's one of the only large-diaphgram condensers I've ever liked on distorted guitar, but an 87...

View Post