The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Advanced audio microphones, what's the word?

I bought the CM47 tube from Dave... He's a great guy and I'm very happy with my buy. A friend bought 2 CM47 Fet from him and they are also great.

View Post

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...been my life!!! So, lets get into the GAUGE ECM-47 First of all the Gauge ECM-47 is a tube microphone and the CM47fet is a FET. So, I am going to compare our CM47 tube microphones with the ECM-47. Both, the CM47 and ECM47 are made at Shanghai Electronics and were based on their early SYT6000 microphones. ...

View Post

Sennheiser MK4 vs the Advanced Audio CM47Fet

It was increasingly difficult to find a test of the Advanced Audio CM47Fet on vocals. There were a lot of AA's tube mic tests out there, but their tube 47 mic is more than double the price of the Fet. I was looking for a warmer mic in the $300 and under range and...

View Post

Product Description

The Advanced Audio CM47 fet presents a remarkably full, very clean and well-defined sound that is perfectly suited to recording close vocals or instruments in the studio, as well as to live and dialogue applications. The CM47 fet is a large-diaphragm cardiod/omni-only condenser microphone based on the famous Neumann U-47 fet design. It features a capsule with dual 5-micron diaphragms and a Class A amplifier coupled into a transformer-balanced output. It also features a de-emphasis circuit that reduces sibilance. Specifications: 32mm 5-micron dual-diaphragm capsule Omni and cardioid pickup patterns, switched from the body Class A fet/discrete transformer-coupled circuit -10dB pad switched from rear body Frequency response: 25Hz to 20kHz Distortion: 0.5% @ 125dB Impedance: <200 ohms Noise: -17dB (A-weighted) Now offered with a heavy duty shock mount 48V requirement Aluminum road case