The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Advanced Audio CM47 is a large dual-diaphragm, multi-pattern, tube condenser microphone inspired by the famous Neumann U-47. The CM47 is a great choice for vocals, saxophones, acoustic instruments, and excels in front of bass and guitar amps. Capsule The Advanced Audio CM47 features our very accurate and smooth AK67 capsule, a 35mm capsule with 6-micron-thick German mylar diaphragms. Its frequency response falls between those of the U47 and U67 vintage tube microphones. The AK67 capsule goes down another ½ octave before rolling out, compared to the K47 capsule. The CM47 also has more “air” or “sizzle” above 10kHz, allowing it to cut more easily through busy mixes without adding EQ. Circuit The circuit is based on the very hifi 6072 tube optimized with a two-stage Class A design. This circuit provides a much lower output impedance with more headroom than the circuit used in the original U47. The lower output impedance provides a faster damping factor when driving the BV8 type transformer, delivering a better transient response than the original design. Selected 6072a tubes are some of the quietest tubes made, and are much less susceptible to microphonics than the metal-clad vf14 tubes used in the original U47 tube microphone. The dual-bobbin output transformer with its hum bucking configuration and our optimized circuit will deliver +20dBu with less than 1% distortion. The output transformer is driven with a 2.2 ufd metal-film capacitor to take advantage of the transformer’s response down to 10Hz.

Discussions

Advanced audio microphones, what's the word?

I bought the CM47 tube from Dave... He's a great guy and I'm very happy with my buy. A friend bought 2 CM47 Fet from him and they are also great.

View Post

Advanced Audio CM800T (AA's take on Sony C800G)

...just got this picture from our good friend Joe Carrell in Nashville where he was recording John Oates with our CM47 microphone. We are really excited that we can provide working musicians, engineers and producers a microphones that will compare more than favourably to the C800G but will sell for 1/10th the price plus have...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?