The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Upgraded Version of the Popular Vienna Edition with a More Fine-Tuned Response-Curve Designed to Replicate a Vintage Late 1960’s Austrian Tube (Valve) Mic. The Vienna Mk 8 is the Eighth Generation of ADK Microphones - offering a Sparkling, Iridescent Tonality.Standard ConfigurationThe Mic, Piano-Black Wooden Jewel Case, and Heavy-Duty All-Metal Ring-MountApplicationsGreat for Vocalists who wants a Sparkling, Sophisticated Sheen. The Vienna Mk8 is a Belgium Design with a Subtle Sparkle that tends to put the source material slightly forward in the mix. Unlike the plethora of bright, brighter and super-bright mics that flood the market, the Vienna Edition has a distinctive “Sheen” that is flattering on Pop and Rock Style Vocalists, Guitars, Pianos, and Percussion. Application for the Vienna would be when you want a shimmering iridescence - Historically the Vintage Austrian Tone.ADK Vienna Mk8 Specifications Type: Class A Pressure Gradient FET Condenser Microphone Polar Pattern: Fixed Cardioid Sensitivity: 15mv/Pa Impedance: 200O S/N Ratio: 81dB (Ref: 1 Pa / A-Weighted) Equivalent Self-Noise: 15dB (A-Weighted / IEC 268-4) Max SPL @ 0.5% THD: 126dB / 140dB (0dB/-14dB Switchable PAD) Total Dynamic Range: 125 dB Low-Cut Filter (HPF): Flat / 89Hz Power Requirement: Phantom Power 48V ± 4V

Discussions

$1k LDC tube mics.

... $400 MXL | V69XM $400 Studio Projects | TB1 $350 Groove Tubes | GT67 $350 ADK | Vienna Mk 8 $350 ADK | Hamburg Mk 8 $320 Sontronics | OMEGA $300 Cascade | ELROY $300 Golden Age Project| TC 1 $250 MXL | V69M $250 Cad Trion...

View Post

A £200-£300 Condenser That Can Handle Amps & Vocals

...couple of mics I have that seem to work well with my voice...... sE Electronics sE2200a II C | Sweetwater.com ADK Vienna Mk 8 | ZenPro Audio (shockmount generally not included, but can be bought extra)(ebay sometimes has these mics as well) I've not tried either of these mics on an amp, but usually use a...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?