The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The ADK S-7B is a professional transformer-less FET cardioid condenser microphone designed to be a High-SPL, reliable and robust microphone with a distinctly “mellow” sound coloration. A Capacitor Mic that sounds like a Ribbon. Translation: a very smooth, rich, robust tone-coloration. The dynamic range was set to allow for relatively heavy sound pressure levels, and the two-way Pad enables this microphone to be used with sources up to 150 dB SPL. You may never record a jet plane or a loud rock-concert, but you can with an S-7. A “round” tone to tame sibilance, nasality, or overly-bright source-material. The S-7B is a solid, reliable “High-SPL” Studio Microphone built for both Live Recording and Reinforcement.

Discussions

Whatever happend to ADK mics?

That would be a really cool mic. I have the S-7b, which I use on horns, low tom, and vocal. It's very similar to a U87 - perhaps a touch beefier than a modded V67g, which is also really close to a U87.

View Post

Whatever happend to ADK mics?

...Yes, I found a link to the live Jazz record I did last summer..(record, mix and master) http://www.jazzmatazz.se/01%20Spar%201.mp3 Sax ADK S7B. Double bass ADK S7C and ADK S7.

View Post

Mic's to de-emphasize 4kHz

The ADK S7 LDC has a dip at 4k-5k, the S7b is even darker, specifically designed for a trumpet player, and the S7c is brighter. You can get the ADK Odin which incorporates all three sounds with a 3-way hf switch. It's rated at 150db, in case your singer gets loud.

View Post