The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

SAND is a channel-strip featuring a combination of many devices into a single one. We have faithfully recreated the sound characteristics of classic British high-end mixing consoles and recording studio hardware. It is characterized by a unique color with new incredible features, first of all the "Control" of the routing of the plugin components. Another consolidated feature that is new to the software is what we call “ShMod”. This is a shape control for the attack behavior of the compressor. It allows you to fine-tune the attack shape so you can really customize the attack behavior for any audio source! SAND is the natural choice for all those who “mix in a box” and musicians in need of authentic emulations of classic devices improved with Acustica technology and equipped with new parameters. It consists of four main components: EQs (A mode, B mode) Filters (A mode, B mode) Comps (A mode, C mode)

Discussions

Brainworx bx_console E - NOW.

Take your point, but that alone doesn't make it just like any other channel. I compared it with the IK British console and had to insert Strip3 also to get near it's sound and feel. Going to play with AA Sand now as bmanic commented. Sounds impressive to me though. kfhkh

View Post

Brainworx bx_console E - NOW.

...the Uad version sounds great but it's a dsp hog .You're limited on instances based on the cards, Acustica Audio Sand sounds awesome but very limited instances it's a cpu hog you need the fastest computer (PC) with the absolute latest generation processors and loads of ram and you still won't get near...

View Post

Waves SSL bus comp —> Stam Audio SA4000 Worth it?

...Waves the weakest out of my SSL plugins. Super boxy/mid buildup, like with case of most plugins. From best to worst: Acustica Sand, UAD , Cytomix Glue, PSP Busspressor, Slate, IK Multimedia, Waves As for buying a "real" one/clone, this might depend on your workflow. Sound wise it's gonna beat most plugins for sure, even a...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?