The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Ableton Live

Options
Announcement: Welcome to the "DAW talk" subforum area Whitecat
10th May 2017 Views: 4,924
Views: 4,924
10th May 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is a little slow, so let's speculate for fun. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will come forth with secret...

tsrono
replies: 487 views: 50,645
Mikael B 11 minutes ago

I've recently "upgraded" rigs from my old faithful HD3 Accel MacPro system to a 2.3 Ghz MB Pro Retina Quad i7 w/ 16 GB...

BlakeJohnsonCSR
replies: 11 views: 1,456
taichber 3 hours ago

recently decided to switch to ableton live. looking training to improve skills.

Lifehax95
replies: 2 views: 336
Cornish1999 2 days ago

Hello folks, So, I'm currently using a 2011 MacBook Pro running Ableton Live 9. My audio set up is a Scarlet 18i8 interface and...

grid_pat
replies: 0 views: 185
grid_pat 4 days ago

Is the new Ableton Wavetable synth able to Load a Wavetable series? If so, what format does it recognize as a series and not just...

rockreid
replies: 1 views: 224
login 4 days ago

I've found instructions for how to add a wah effect to Auto Filter on Ableton Live 9, but the wah effect is automated to a...

glennsnoise
replies: 1 views: 796
Schwarzwald 4 days ago

Helping a friend get started with Live....When triggering a drum rack with the keyboard, keys a through j show the input on the...

abritabroad
replies: 0 views: 188
abritabroad 4 days ago

Based on a single test of the public beta I downloaded today, Live 10 appears to have improved CPU usage. My project in Live 9...

barfwafl
replies: 2 views: 250
barfwafl 4 days ago

Every time i make a new track (which still happens quite a lot despite having made a comprehensive default session template) the...

Colonel_McAfee
replies: 4 views: 285
pottering 1 week ago

Hey all , I have many volcas and Roland boutique synths that i'd like to integrate with a DAW in terms of use and live...

frcake
replies: 3 views: 485
Mikael B 1 week ago

Hello, I am newbiest, this is a really basic question. I try to record a track, I set an arpeggiator and an instrument. When...

videoteque
replies: 3 views: 243
pottering 2 weeks ago

It's here! https://www.ableton.com/

Dysanfel
replies: 118 views: 5,000
M.Retra 2 weeks ago

Hi, all: I've nearly maxed out my computer's hard drive (500GB SSD, MacBook Pro late 2014, FWIW), and am thinking I could move...

mariohardleft
replies: 1 views: 221
pottering 2 weeks ago

So I was really keeping an eye on the recent thread about...

Teknobeam
replies: 91 views: 4,990
Gusss 2 weeks ago

Ableton is charging existing users for getting their synths and effects which are literally bundled in their bundle. What does...

johnnyjohn
replies: 11 views: 687
goony 3 weeks ago

Unless I've missed something, I cannot believe Ableton doesn't have an 'alias'/'ghost' clip function that allows you to copy MIDI...

gypsymoth
replies: 5 views: 438
krushing 3 weeks ago

In my Ableton Template I group all of my bass sounds and use a Bus..... Within the "Bass Bus", I have a...

iamgod
replies: 3 views: 493
tehlord 4 weeks ago

Trying to import this midi file into Ableton but there is no midi information showing. It works if i upload it into an online...

jamienoble
replies: 1 views: 260
pottering 4 weeks ago

Yesterday, I've finally upgraded from Live 8 Suite to Live 9 Suite... Figured this was potentially my last chance, before 10...

Simonator
replies: 1 views: 659
johnnyjohn 18th December 2017

I hope the new version of Ableton includes these two improvements: 1. <Snip> the clip view - it's useless to me. I record...

Jimmy Two Times
replies: 13 views: 1,055
M.Retra 16th December 2017

HI Recently I have noticed that Ableton Live crashes when playing YouTube videos. Well actually Ableton doesn't crash completely...

rifkijones
replies: 2 views: 528
Dysanfel 14th December 2017

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out my live setup with Ableton Live 9/10 What I'm trying to achieve is recording and...

maxthackray
replies: 2 views: 502
TheBigLongy 11th December 2017

When mastering a track in ableton, is it better to put your mastering plug ins on the actual track with all my midi and audio...

affiliatemusic1
replies: 1 views: 438
TheBigLongy 11th December 2017

Hello! Long time lurker, first post here. I've found a pretty good deal on a Mackie Control ($175), but I'm having trouble...

drewstew
replies: 0 views: 251
drewstew 11th December 2017

Hey guys fairly new to Ableton. I started on Logic but made the switch exclusively last year. I was always used to editing...

Iron Sheik
replies: 11 views: 427
Mikael B 10th December 2017

I'm trying to connect my Novation Bass Station 2 to Ableton Live. The steps i went through: 1. USB cable from synth to...

Jopiejtb
replies: 5 views: 479
Jopiejtb 8th December 2017

In Ableton i Put up waves VU meter on the track that contains the 1 khz sine at -18 headroom and its pegged, then i put one on...

Putrid_Gospel
replies: 3 views: 553
Mikael B 6th December 2017

Hello, Im using ableton 9 live and Im notice high cpu usage when I using pianos, for example alicias keys piano in kontakt5. I...

mojob
replies: 94 views: 6,649
Mikael B 5th December 2017

So, I'm encountering some truly strange and terrible noise when playing this marimba (actually 2, layered) I made in Collision....

solomonjki
replies: 0 views: 321
solomonjki 4th December 2017

Had the same setup for years, all of a sudden my soundcard has decided to crack and pop during recording. I can't tell whether...

Jonny3snareS
replies: 2 views: 296
M.Retra 2nd December 2017

Hello everyone, I am pretty new to Ableton and MIDI so I am not sure if what I am trying to do is not possible or if I am just...

mdq
replies: 0 views: 204
mdq 30th November 2017

Hi, I am new here (on gearslutz). (sry if I miss thread) Recently I got in my hands Korg volca fm and korg volca beats. After a...

d_art
replies: 1 views: 408
login 30th November 2017

I'm using Live to run a theatre show. So, we have a heap of music/fx etc. that I trigger from within Session view. But if I'm...

bing81
replies: 10 views: 503
Mikael B 22nd November 2017

Looking to replace my aging Lexicon MX200, which was battered when I bought it a few years ago, to incorporate into my Ableton...

goony
replies: 2 views: 408
goony 21st November 2017

Hi there everyone! I have recently switched from windows to mac for my main production machine, and I bought a new 2017 15 inch...

Nick Katz
replies: 2 views: 434
Mikael B 21st November 2017
replies: 21 views: 1,188
toowrongfoo 18th November 2017

Would I be correct in assuming that the difference between lite and the standard and suit versions is down to the samples /...

upde
replies: 2 views: 368
upde 18th November 2017

I have seen videos of people having this set up, but after a few months of on and off research I cant figure out how they did...

Mickey_roland
replies: 2 views: 455
krushing 17th November 2017

What kind of business model is this: - Selling a really advanced and flashy looking software to customers which has crashes...

sahlender
replies: 5 views: 553
krushing 17th November 2017

Having a very strange problem with Live lately. I'm currently working on some pretty heavy projects, which are usually averaging...

clc91
replies: 6 views: 1,122
thisissami 13th November 2017

Currently looking for the best audio interface for running Ableton for live performance (running guitar and vocals through it)....

tomborry
replies: 10 views: 1,047
3rdpath 10th November 2017
replies: 8 views: 3,492
goony 2nd November 2017

I'm done with my project in ableton and have some tracks turned off. When I export my audio using "all individual...

turtletree
replies: 1 views: 335
Mikael B 1st November 2017

Hi all new poster and pretty amateur producer hoping to get some expert advice. I'm working on a small project at the moment and...

l3g10n79
replies: 3 views: 424

What are the best bit depth and sample rate settings to have in ableton live when creating a track?

turtletree
replies: 3 views: 552

Hello! When I'm trying to record on Live version 9.7.3 I get clipping noise through my Saffire 6 USB. CPU is fine and when I...

JordanStevenberg
replies: 3 views: 352
JordanStevenberg 29th October 2017

Just finished a pop song on ableton. Everything sounds exactly the way i want it it to.. until i export the darn track! When I...

turtletree
replies: 0 views: 415
turtletree 29th October 2017

in a serious production session, When latency piles up, Because it does pile up, Ableton's playback cursor does not at all...

nenova
replies: 6 views: 1,438
monomer 29th October 2017

I am an Ableton user and have found myself in the position where a single track can have as many as 4-8 Waves plug-ins, stock...

nizzaaii
replies: 0 views: 396
nizzaaii 28th October 2017

I used to just drag drum sound into a drum rack when creating tracks, but lately I've discovered the joys of GM-Maps, which has...

dbot
replies: 6 views: 766
Nick Stedman 28th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search