The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZED R16 with Ableton Live 9 (midi problem)
Old 8th October 2014
Here for the gear

ZED R16 with Ableton Live 9 (midi problem)

Hi everybody!

This is my second post, and got a lot of help from my previous post, all hail Gearslutz! Anyways, I just purchased ZED R16 Allen and Heath desk, everything is ok in terms of sound, however the midi is not being read at all. I literally dont know how to set it up at all within ableton live 9. Ive tried a few things from other forums, but theres no step by step processes to set it up properly with Ableton live 9. And the support by allen and heath is not helpful at all!

Specs

Mac Mini (late 2012)
Ableton live 9
ZED R16 Allen and Heath

Humble Regards,

Theo
Old 2nd June 2016
Hey. did you ever solve this? I am having similar issues..
Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by theokoustas View Post
Hi everybody!

This is my second post, and got a lot of help from my previous post, all hail Gearslutz! Anyways, I just purchased ZED R16 Allen and Heath desk, everything is ok in terms of sound, however the midi is not being read at all. I literally dont know how to set it up at all within ableton live 9. Ive tried a few things from other forums, but theres no step by step processes to set it up properly with Ableton live 9. And the support by allen and heath is not helpful at all!

Specs

Mac Mini (late 2012)
Ableton live 9
ZED R16 Allen and Heath

Humble Regards,

Theo
So I have been playing around with the zed r16 for a while now. Loving it.. Very happy.

I had everything set up in Ableton Live and running the audio and midi in and out quite successfully. Until I tried to perform a start up command to change the transport to send either midi or mmc, I have since lost all midi control over my ableton faders etc..

What would have I most likely done wrong?

Could you please point me back in the right direction? I was almost there

I had all midi set up except for the the transport section of live9. Hence the transport attempt. How can I achieve all?

Thanks so much, hope to hear soon.
Old 4th June 2016
So, turns out all I needed was a good old "off and on again" on the macbook.
To restart the drivers I suppose..
Crazy.. Sometimes we overlook the simplest of solutions.

I still have no transport control though. Anyone got any tips on how to set that up with Ableton?

Thanks
Old 19th April 2018
Here for the gear

hey anybody can help me seting up ableton+zed 16 ?

Quote:
Hi everybody!

Specs

Mac Mini (late 2012)
Ableton live 9
ZED R16 Allen and Heath

Humble Regards,

Theo
Old 23rd October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi everybody!

Specs

Mac Mini (late 2012)
Ableton live 9
ZED R16 Allen and Heath

Humble Regards,

Theo

hey dude, im in the same boat :( did you ever got this resolved? thanks
Old 20th January 2019
Here for the gear

Live 10 MIDI setup for Zed R16

Hello folks,
I was finally able to get it working, here is what I did:

- Download Daw Control from A&H website and use these instructions after installing. ZED-R16 transport must be set to output MMC to function correctly with DAW Control, however, I didn't check without it, just made as it is said here including the Daw Control preferences:
http://www.allen-heath.com/media/ZED...otes-V1.10.pdf
- Start Live, go to settings => Midi. I am not sure all of these enabled knobs required though. See the control surface N2 for R16, also works with MackieControl, time will tell if it really works or not.
Screenshot:
Preferences

After that, I was able to use faders and knobs from Zed R16 in Live, it also worked after saving and restarting the DAW which I hadn't been able to achieve in Logic.

Hope this helps, thanks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search