The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
No ADAT input in Ableton live 10
Old 10th August 2020
Here for the gear

No ADAT input in Ableton live 10

Greetings,
I've searched the forum and the net but can't seem to find an answer. I am running Ableton live 10, and my main interface is a Focusrite Clarett 2Pre USB. I have 8 ADAT channels coming into the Clarett (a Millennia HD3V into an old M Audio Octane for conversion).

In ProTools, the audio from the Millennia comes through just fine and I can record and hear everything.

In Ableton, however, I can't get any signal from any of the ADAT channels. I've gone into the configuration and made sure all of the hardware ins are turned on, and I believe I am doing the calculations right (for the Clarett 1 and 2 are the internal inputs, 3 and 4 are SPDIF, and 5-12 are the ADAT 1-8 inputs). But no matter what I do, not an ounce of signal from ADAT. If I plug a mic directly into the Clarett and choose that channel, I DO get signal.

I've been recording for a while, but I am quite new to Ableton. Maybe I am missing something? Appreciate any help!
Old 10th August 2020
Here for the gear

one more piece of info

Just noticed:

When I am in Ableton, I don't see any input from the ADAT channels when I monitor them using the Focusrite Control software. When I start up ProTools, however, I do see the input - both in ProTools, and also in Focusrite Control.

When I close Ableton Live, I still don't see the input from ADAT in Focusrite Control, but it is restored once I reopen ProTools.

So how have I got Ableton set up to kill my ADAT inputs?
Old 10th August 2020
Here for the gear

Hm - I solved it, but don't really understand why. Changing the sample rate of the Ableton Live Set from 48 to 44.1 restored the ADAT inputs. But why wouldn't they work w/ a rate of 48?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I have this same problem. I expanded an apollo twin with a behringer adat 8200, i am connected to only the adats inputs to record drums. Y synced the clock, made the adat the master, when i open the apollo console each individual channel gets signal, the leds on each of my adat channels light up when i hit each drum, one i go into ableton, i routed each input to a channel and i only get signal on 2 channels. What can i do? Please?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvnjuan View Post
I have this same problem. I expanded an apollo twin with a behringer adat 8200, i am connected to only the adats inputs to record drums. Y synced the clock, made the adat the master, when i open the apollo console each individual channel gets signal, the leds on each of my adat channels light up when i hit each drum, one i go into ableton, i routed each input to a channel and i only get signal on 2 channels. What can i do? Please?
audio driver in ableton set to ASIO?
📝 Reply