The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Routing audio to hardware output but not to master
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Routing audio to hardware output but not to master

Quick question that is giving me a headache:

I'm using a signal from Ableton to sync a hardware synth, so I need the plucky percussive sound to go directly to my hardware output 8, but whenever I do this, I can see and hear that the signal is being sent to the master channel as well.

Is there a way to make the signal go ONLY to my hardware output, not to the master channel?

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Alright guys, extremely sorry for asking such a dumb question. Ableton is really well thought out, and they would have never made a mistake like this. It turns out that my output 8 on my interface's software wasn't muted, so the sound I was hearing was coming from the monitoring software, not Ableton.

My bad guys, you can ignore this thread now. I found a solution to my own question.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
@ OrphicTrench you're doing a great job learning as you ask and sharing too. While you seem to be on your way I'd still like to suggest the RME Audio TotalMix FX Tutorials , which was how I got my head around Totalmix FX some years ago. Now people call on me as if I was an expert. But this is sufficient carry anyone curious about Totalmix FX concepts to where they need to be. Of course it helps to just try things too, as I'm pretty sure you're familiar with.

Last edited by Mikael B; 1 week ago at 07:50 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
@ OrphicTrench you're doing a great job learning as you ask and sharing too. While you seem to on your way I'd still like to suggest the RME Audio TotalMix FX Tutorials , which was how I got my head around Totalmix FX some years ago. Now people call on me as if I was an expert. But this is sufficient carry anyone curious about Totalmix FX concepts to where they need to be. Of course it helps to just try things too, as I'm pretty sure you're familiar with.
I watched a couple of their videos in the past, but never got to finish the series. Will dive into that for sure. Thanks for the tip Mikael!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search