The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton Workshop Ideas
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ableton Workshop Ideas

I'm putting on a workshop using Ableton as part of a digital festival in April. My idea, so far, is to have two type of piece pretty much sketched out - one sound design, one more beat driven. We'll spend the first 10/15 minutes putting down new loops (perhaps have a sheet of phrases that people can sing/read - I can play guide keys and have a click to make sure that all works) and some sound effects and then get going.

I'll scatter these loops around the place (or have them in a drum rack that people can come up and trigger manually). I'll also have a keyboard and controllers assigned to filters and delays in Ableton that people can come and play around with during the "jam". I bought a Vochlea Dubler mic recently and am planning on having a better play around with it soon, but I thought that could then be cool to have that set up in the middle of the room triggering synths and maybe some sound effects and people can come and use it, perhaps record a few phrases.

I want it to be as live as possible, but also want to make sure I have the material there to produce something decent. I mainly wanted to ask if people think this sounds like an interesting idea for a workshop and, if not, have any suggestions for what would make it more interesting. Or any other ideas at all would be great to get me thinking differently!

The jam would last around 20 minutes and we could record it during it and e-mail it out to all who took part afterwards. I'd be really grateful for any thoughts!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search