The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1
Old 4 weeks ago
Question Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1

Hey guys, been a while...

Overview:
So I'm using Push1/APC40 combo, which works great... with one exception:

I can obviously move the active focus frame around on either device independently, but I'd like to sync up the active tracks between the two controllers.

More details/Whining:
Manually syncing the tracks is inconvenient, but can be pretty difficult when I'm using pedals and have a guitar in my hands. It's tricky when my armed or selected track is out of the focus frame (like if I'm stopping briefly to mix something differently), as the APC40 doesn't have track titles or clear indicators if you're not looking at the screen. I basically use the APC40 as an extension of the Push, but this is hindering my experience.

I can't find any info on the web. I'd like to avoid Ableton API, but I'll dive that deep if I need to.
Old 4 weeks ago
Bump. Seems like maybe no one has an answer here... Making me nervous guys.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

There are NativeKontrol Arsenal scripts for both devices , which allow device linking between different scripts . You would also gain much additional functionality .
https://nativekontrol.com/arsenal

the same dev also has a general ClyphX Pro script ( sold via Isotonik) which has Control Surface link fundtionality .
https://isotonikstudios.com/product/clyphx-pro/

Both are useable together , I am a user of both & can recommend .
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Select on launch >> OFF

Hi there,
What do you actually mean with "but I'd like to sync up the active tracks between the two controllers??"

i don't know what your searching for but maybe you just mean that activating clips will change the focus to the selected clip track?

You can deactivate this setting in preferences >> Select on launch >> OFF
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti View Post
Hi there,
What do you actually mean with "but I'd like to sync up the active tracks between the two controllers??"

i don't know what your searching for but maybe you just mean that activating clips will change the focus to the selected clip track?

You can deactivate this setting in preferences >> Select on launch >> OFF
I'm talking about the focus frame, which is the colored boundary that shows which clips are currently shown on the 8x8 (or 6x8 for the APC). I need the same 8 tracks visible and available to control on both devices, even if I move the focus frame left or right.

I'm planning on trying subhertz suggestion, I just haven't had a minute to try to set it up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search