The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alienware PC Vs Mac Mini i5 - Ableton
Old 25th October 2019
Here for the gear

Alienware PC Vs Mac Mini i5 - Ableton

Need some advice please people..using windows 10 with ableton ? Pros and cons ? Looking at the i5 Mac mini but there's a sale on with Alienware and some decent savings to be had..specifically looking at the Alienware aurora r9 against the i5 Mac mini. Will also need to buy a pcie for the r9 and it looks hit and miss if the MOTU express 128 midi interface will work ok with windows.. I can get around this for the foreseeable future as I only need 4 midi in and out and use the rest on usb so can switch out the MOTU and claw a bit of money back. It's a leap of faith to move from Mac to a Windows PC but I like the idea of being able to keep upgrading my hardware along the way. I'm hearing good and bad things about MOTU on windows 10 ? Any advice ? Any other things I should be wary of in making the switch ? Yes it's a subject that's been done over and over and I've searched stuff already but it's the new hardware that is making my head spin. Is migrating to windows that big a deal these days really ?
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Maniac
I personally will never use MOTU hardware after they abandoned a MIDI interface I had that was only a couple years old. No driver support for Windows XP believe it or not. As to Windows versus macOS... not a big deal. I move back and forth between them with no issues.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search