The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Clip Record not starting on beat 1
Old 24th October 2019
Here for the gear

Clip Record not starting on beat 1

I use clips to live loop midi instruments with Live 9. I have my global quantize set to 1 bar. So when I'm ready to record I hit a button on my midi controller that is mapped to clip record and as long as I hit it before beat 1, it's supposed to start recording on beat 1.

I'm having a very intermittent problem where it will skip beat 1 and start recording on beat 2 or 3. I play live with a band so when this happens it really messes things up pretty bad. But it's happening so infrequently that its really hard to pinpoint what the issue is.

I don't think it's latency because none of my instruments are experiencing latency. and it always starts recording right on a beat, just not the beat it's supposed to start on.

One other issue I've had that is similar and might give some insight into this problem. I send a click track to my drummer but I don't use the built in click, I made something with a drum rack that lets me customize it more. It's just a 1 bar clip with a high pitch bongo on beat one and then a lower pitch bongo on beats 2-4. Every once in a while I'll notice that the drummer is playing off of beat 3, so I'll check and see that somehow that clip is starting over on beat 3. The clip settings are set to global though and my global setting is 1 bar. If I hit stop and then play again it usually fixes itself.

Any idea on what going on here?

Much appreciated.
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble in The Streets View Post

Any idea on what going on here?

Much appreciated.
Not a clue as I don't use Looper. You seem to have done everything right far as I know, so I'd make a bug report to support and see what they could do.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search