The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Doubt regarding MIDI and sound interface.
Old 4 weeks ago
Smile Doubt regarding MIDI and sound interface.

Hello there,

I have been using the Roland AIRA MX-1 for recording my music and also using it for midi clock sync with Ableton, so when I click "record" all my gear starts syncronized with ableton (I use hardware for sequencing, so I only use midi for play/record and stop).

As now I need more independent channels, I'm about to buy Soundcraft MTK 22 sound interface but I don't know if I can still use the MX-1 for the midi clock syncronization.

Do you know guys if this is possible? I'm very newbie with ableton. I hope you understand my question.

Thanks.
H.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliosMusic View Post

As now I need more independent channels, I'm about to buy Soundcraft MTK 22 sound interface but I don't know if I can still use the MX-1 for the midi clock syncronization.
Why not test this with using internal audio and keeping MIDI active? The other audio interface is not a variable for MIDI control, is it? You can have multiple MIDI interfaces.
On Mac you can have different audio interfaces for in/out. If nothing else MX-1 can be used as a submixer in different ways. Surely you know MX-1 has multiple modes, right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Why not test this with using internal audio and keeping MIDI active? The other audio interface is not a variable for MIDI control, is it? You can have multiple MIDI interfaces.
On Mac you can have different audio interfaces for in/out. If nothing else MX-1 can be used as a submixer in different ways. Surely you know MX-1 has multiple modes, right?
You're right. Thanks Mikael!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search