The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Export tempo map
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Export tempo map

Anyone got any tips on any work arounds to export a tempo map from ableton? Got a session with a fluctuating tempo as the tempo changes are done on a curve through automation so impossible to give another engineer notes on how to replicate in another daw.

Ableton have one suggestion on their website involving creating drum hits on midi on the grid then exporting audio but....well yeah just wondering if there is any alternative you guys are using lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

You could link your computer to the engineers computer via midi and make their daw the time clock slave. I've done this once in the studio before and it worked. It was a little finicky though and I don't remember exactly how we set it up like that. But something to look into. Theoretically if he records the full session once, even without all the parts, his daw should save the time map.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Cheers for the feedback. Yeah I tried a few things, tried rewire to reaper which did the job but due to minor latency, was not a perfect sync so had to abandon that. Was gonna try ableton link into reaper... But could not successfully set up a link network at home. I do hear there is less latency using that method.

In the end I just setup a new project on my ipad at default tempo and played midi back live from ableton into the session. I then had to fix the jitter but in the end it was basically a perfect capture of the midi.

Still have to work out a way of exporting tempo map to whoever gets the fun job of mixing the track, so will revisit ableton link as this follows your suggestion.

Why ableton does not offer such a basic requirement is another thing all together!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search