The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Arm exclusive for midi tracks, audio to stay armed
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Arm exclusive for midi tracks, audio to stay armed

New to this forum, so hi, how you all doing?

Forgive the odd lengthy title, if I could phrase it better maybe Google would have had my back. In a performance setting, I’d like to be able to use my Launchkey’s track change buttons to change which MIDI track is armed, while at the same time leaving my audio tracks armed.

Example - tracks 1-3 are drums, bass, pad, all MIDI. Track 4-5 are vox and guitar, audio. I lay down a clip for the drums, then the bass, the pad, then want to start guitar and vocals while they’re looping.

My best solution so far is to arm everything, and put each instrument on a separate MIDI channel, but it’s not a one touch operation on the Launchkey as it comes out of the box.

Is there a different process I can use? If not, is my best bet to create a custom script for the Launchkey, or is there a way to use ClyphX Pro or something similar (and hopefully free)?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yes with Clyphx you can do all of this. There are groups on fb and nativeKontrol forum always active. You can download the free version from there. Then if you like it and want to enter ClyphX-Pro world it is not expensive for what it does. Install ClyphX read the basics and search for some help on the web for your first steps. :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for your response!! I’ll take a look now

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search