The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live 9 is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Addict

Live 9 is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/ar...10-15-Catalina

I need to update my iMac to Mojave and Catalina in a couple of months because it's the only way to get the newer Xcode versions...

I ended up buying an external SSD just for installing High Sierra and run Live 9 independently of the macOS version of the internal SSD.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Calalina is not even released yet and you probably should use a DAW on a separate system then
you do realize every time you upgrade your OS and older system gets a little slower
new os versions always have so much bloatware - this is not one single feature I need in Catalina that worth the upgrade for my DAW rig
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Calalina is not even released yet and you probably should use a DAW on a separate system then
you do realize every time you upgrade your OS and older system gets a little slower
new os versions always have so much bloatware -
This is very much different than my experience up to using Sierra on older hardware, Every new macOS was faster than the one before. And "bloat"? That's just something you ignore, unlike when Apple removes support for something. Catalina will remove 32bit code support, for example, far as I've heard.

No-one in their right mind would update their music machine to Catalina. I'd contemplate running it in a virtual machine though, if doing code.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/ar...10-15-Catalina

I need to update my iMac to Mojave and Catalina in a couple of months because it's the only way to get the newer Xcode versions...

I ended up buying an external SSD just for installing High Sierra and run Live 9 independently of the macOS version of the internal SSD.
Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search