The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton live 10 Lite 10 electric guitar sound
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear

Ableton live 10 Lite 10 electric guitar sound

Question 1. Is the Ableton Amp part of the standard package or is this an extra you have to purchase.

Question 2. Anyone with this DAW (Lite) that has been able to get a clean electric guitar sound they're happy with? What plugin's or effects did you use to achieve this?

Question 3. Confirm that the Ableton Amp is not supplied as part of the Lite version. Confirm that you have to have Standard or better to run the Ableton Amp.

Background:
I have been using Ableton Live 10 Lite. The clean electric guitar amp sound from the audio effect rack and found the sound quality is thin/weak even when combined variously with the cabinet/utility/EQ /compressor.

I've read several comments by others on-line who have had similar experiences. Some have had satisfactory results using free VST plug-ins. I've tried a few of the free plug-ins and am not satisfied with the result.

I've heard the sound of an electric guitar played on a computer with Ableton Live 10 Standard with the Ableton Amp. I was satisfied with the sound it gave. Not sure if the Amp is part of standard or an extra you have to purchase.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

You can see what is included in each edition of Live here:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/

Haven’t worked with guitars much, but you can always demo Live and see what you think. There are lots of other plugins available too if you need more flavours.
Old 20th August 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks for that.

So the Amp and Cabinet are not part of Lite. Other checks I did on the Ableton site show that you need to have at least the Standard version to run Amp and Cabinet.

Based on my experience to date it seems to me that you need to outlay quite a bit more money in order to get a decent electric guitar sound from Ableton.
Old 21st August 2019
Gear Head

NeuralDSP Plini Archetype has awesome clean sounds. Works well with Abelton Lite via AU. The high-gain sounds are good too.
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks. I tried the NeuralDSP Plini Archetype. It made the program crash before I got going. Thankfully I'd saved up the recordings I'd done....
Old 22nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza View Post
Thanks. I tried the NeuralDSP Plini Archetype. It made the program crash before I got going. Thankfully I'd saved up the recordings I'd done....
Sorry to hear that. Which program? Ableton? Works for me both with Ableton Lite as well as the full suite. Same is true for other Neural DSP plugins, never had a problem and I now use the Parallax plug a lot.

Also their customer service is pretty responsive. Perhaps write them an email.
Old 23rd August 2019
Here for the gear

Yes Ableton Live 10 Lite. First time I've had Ableton crash. I have this theory that if it has crashed once it can crash again.
Old 23rd August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks for that.

So the Amp and Cabinet are not part of Lite. Other checks I did on the Ableton site show that you need to have at least the Standard version to run Amp and Cabinet.

Based on my experience to date it seems to me that you need to outlay quite a bit more money in order to get a decent electric guitar sound from Ableton.
Oh, yeah?>>Emissary 2.0.
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Amp and Cabinet are part of the Ableton suite, not third party plugins.
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Starting to use Studio One. I've found it more suited to what I'm trying to do.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Amp and Cabinet are part of the Ableton suite, not third party plugins.
Oh really? How's this important? You must use native devices when Live supports plug-ins? No, you don't.
Old 30th August 2019
Gear Head

try this free VST EFX for cleans : http://www.soft-amp.com/softamp-fm25
Old 1st September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Natural View Post
try this free VST EFX for cleans : http://www.soft-amp.com/softamp-fm25
Thanks. As mentioned above, I tried a number of third party free plugins and didn't have much success. I guess you get what you pay for. I've read a number of posts on line with people having problems with Ableton crashing. Seems that at least some of that can be traced back to third party plugins. Hence my wariness.

If you've had good experiences with them I'm glad for you.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Head

I get solid guitar sounds with Tension guitars and Brainworx amps. Haven’t had much success with the included Amp & Cabinet, but Im guessing with enough tweaking I could get there. For time savings the Bx amps are indispensable to me. Guessing most good 3rd party sims would yield similar results.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search