The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ableton low volume
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ableton low volume

I have been trying to record electric guitar using Scarlett Focusrite Solo interface into Ableton Live Lite version 10 on an Acer Aspire 5 laptop. Recorded levels are very low.

I've plug the guitar lead into channel 2 socket. Channel 1 is for a microphone and is not used.

If I talk loudly when recording, the sound of my voice is somehow recorded and the levels are much higher than the guitar.

When I play back the recording I cannot hear it in earphones plugged into the Focusrite interface.

I previously recorded on a different laptop without these problems.

I downloaded and installed the Asio4All driver. This has been selected under the driver type.

Suggestions?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The sound levels are peaking at around -36 but are typically around -48. When I speak loudly levels are up around -24.

Attached are screen shots showing the settings.

If I unplug the Focusrite interface and speak, the sound is registering in the Ableton DAW which indicates the sound it is being picked up on the computer microphones. Disabling the computer and Focurite microphones makes no difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Ableton low volume-settings-1.png   Ableton low volume-settings-2.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Why not use the focusrite drivers?
Asio4all could be using any audio device.
Did you turn up the gain of the input on the Solo?
Switch on the Solo (for guitar) set to 'inst'?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Well seems like the problem was the driver. I had installed the Asio driver referenced in the Ableton help (See below). Downloaded an Asio driver from the Ableton website which sorted out the other problems.

Couldn't find any local support for the problem. Maybe could have tried to resolve this over the Ableton forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Ableton low volume-help.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Download from Focusrite.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

this has nothing to do with Ableton itself^^
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

You are recording over the laptops built in mic, not the focusrite. You dont have the focusrite selected as your input/output device. I dont remember how it works on PC with asio and all that, but that is your issue. Its not an ableton issue.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search