The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton Wavetable, how to?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ableton Wavetable, how to?

Hi I'm a big fan of stock plugins and recently got into Wavetables (love its workflow) to create my sounds but every time I come up with a nice one after using also UNISON, 2 osc, 1 sub osc, bit of noise and multiple voices and after adding some effects like delays and Reverb the sound am getting feels still smaller than other vsts such as*ANA*spire*Serum*Etc, I'm aware these vsts have options like width or stereo enhancement or god knows what. Can anyone suggest how to enhance the sound on Wavetable by I guess adding something next to it?

I realised that these VSTs have a lot of low end like an awful lot is that the only trick or maybe there is more I can use next to Wavetables?

I also have a Moog*Sub 37*which as being mono the lack of massiveness is understandable I usually place a nice ping pong delays to it which gets me nice results for arpeggios but I guess any suggestions for the above issue could help me to improve this one too.

I'd like to know how those VSTs sound so massive. What's in there that makes them so big? I'm taking about 2 osc, sawtooth, no matrix no LFOs, they seem to all have that knob that says (width) or (wide) or else... Turning that makes the sound go massive. What is it??
Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search