The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton & Touchmix 30 routing
Old 3rd May 2019
Here for the gear

Ableton & Touchmix 30 routing

Hi everyone!

My first post on Gearslutz!

I am using Touchmix 30 and Live on Win and was wondering if it's possible to route separate track outputs from Live to Touchmix's output auxes. What I would like to get is to receive a guitar sound, processed with vst in Live routed to an aux on the console. Then, having a few tracks in Live, routed to the Touchmix, I would like to set up separate headphone mixes for my band.

At the moment I've managed to get a mix from Ableton routed to mixer's main outputs. Although Live sees the aux outputs, it seems I cannot use them to 'export' processed sound.

If anyone has some experience with Live and Touchmix, please support.

Thanks!
Old 28th November 2020
Here for the gear

Hey, did you ever figure this out? I have about 8 tracks I'm trying to route from Ableton Live 10 directly into my Touchmix 30 via the DAW input on back of the TM 30. Ableton recognizes the mixer, I have all the Ext. Out settings in Ableton set up to go directly to the desired tracks of TM 30, but nothing seems to be getting to the TM30.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop1975 View Post
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I have about 8 tracks I'm trying to route from Ableton Live 10 directly into my Touchmix 30 via the DAW input on back of the TM 30. Ableton recognizes the mixer, I have all the Ext. Out settings in Ableton set up to go directly to the desired tracks of TM 30, but nothing seems to be getting to the TM30.
Well shoot...I just figured it out! Hopefully you did as well, but if you didn't, hit me up!
Here for the gear

Hey, figured it out as well. Can post the details if anyone's inteested.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0eman View Post
Hey, figured it out as well. Can post the details if anyone's inteested.
How are you using it? I'm wanting to use Ableton to play backing tracks, while I sing and play guitar. No band mates right now due to Covid. :(

I'm setting up each song as a "scene" with the clips being the individual instrument backing tracks (Drums, bass, etc.). So far I've got it all working into the TM30 where I can control each instrument level and the click track goes to my IEM's only.

Now I'm deciding on how to trigger each scene without needing to reach over to my computer in between every song to hit play on the next scene. There's probably a lot of options out there to do this with midi foot controller, keyboard, electronic drum kit, etc. Just wondering what you went with (and others as well if anyone joins in on the conversation).

Eventually I may even incorporate some lights into it, but for now I just want to get it all working on the audio front before tackling the visual stuff!

Thanks!
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi,
My setup is quite simple. I route analog sound to Ableton, process it in the DAW and send it back to different channels in the mixer (I think this very step was confusing to me in the beginning) and then through AUX outs to speakers. If I want to play along with recorded backing tracks I trigger them with FCB1010.
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Very cool!

I had an old Novation Launchpad lying around so I am using that for now, but the footboard option is likely where I'll go in the near future. Just had to upgrade to Ableton Standard as well...I maxed out all of the tracks and scenes on my "lite" version of it. Luckily they have 20% off right now and you get a free upgrade to 11 when it comes out!

Thanks for the chat/collaboration!
📝 Reply