The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to automate Uad Plugins in Ableton? Control Surfaces
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Head

how to automate Uad Plugins in Ableton?

hey fellows

how can i automate uad plugin parameters within Ableton? right click on parameterknob in plugin doesnt work and the plugins have no dedicated button...!

i have a beringer bcr2000 that i want use in combination with 3thpartyplugs... anybody here whos working with a midicontroller on Vst plugins espially on uad plugins?

thank you in advance
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Each effect (regardless it's built-in or 3rd party) creates so called device, when you insert it at your track. That's basically represented by foldable rectangle with X-Y controller at bottom of UI in Live. At top of each such device you'll find its name, bypass button.. in case of 3rd party plugin there is also wrench icon for invoking of own UI and also special button with triangle, which expands the device to show all automatable parameters.
If you expand that, you should see slider for each parameter (it can be bit overwhelming for plugins with lots of them), you can normally click to those sliders and map it to your external controller, like in case of internal audio effects and instruments.

Michal
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Each effect (regardless it's built-in or 3rd party) creates so called device, when you insert it at your track. That's basically represented by foldable rectangle with X-Y controller at bottom of UI in Live. At top of each such device you'll find its name, bypass button.. in case of 3rd party plugin there is also wrench icon for invoking of own UI and also special button with triangle, which expands the device to show all automatable parameters.
If you expand that, you should see slider for each parameter (it can be bit overwhelming for plugins with lots of them), you can normally click to those sliders and map it to your external controller, like in case of internal audio effects and instruments.

Michal

Hey man thank you so much!
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post

Michal

is there wa way to controle the parameters of a uad plugin inwhile sitting in the UAD Console software and not in ableton? would love to use the bcr for that task! seems like not working here because i have no parameter to click for midi learn!

do have a workaround on this?
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsda1980 View Post
is there wa way to controle the parameters of a uad plugin inwhile sitting in the UAD Console software and not in ableton? would love to use the bcr for that task! seems like not working here because i have no parameter to click for midi learn!

do have a workaround on this?
Hi,

I don't know, if I got that correctly. But you want to use MIDI controller in UAD Console, right?
Unfortunately, that's not possible. No generic MIDI controller support for plugin or mixer control in Console, it support MIDI input just for tempo tap.
There is only one control surface supported there and it is Softube Console 1.

Michal

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search