The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Live 10 Suite Trial version Failure to load full screen (greyed out) DAW Software
Old 2nd April 2019
Here for the gear

Live 10 Suite Trial version Failure to load full screen (greyed out)

Hey guys,
So I recently reset my laptop with a factory wipe and I now have Mojave, most up to date on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

I downloaded the free trial version of Ableton 10 Live Suite and it worked for a day and now has blank grey screen and blank grey pop up boxes, as though nothing is able to load except for the window itself. ie, nothing is showing within a massive grey blank space. Options like "file, edit" are still available at the top but I can't see or do anything within the window, I click in the corner of the initial blank pop up box (which would usually say my trial last for 30 days) where a close button would usually be and it closes and then the blank window pops up.

Also note: this happens for every session I try to open as well as if creating a new one.

My computer froze while trying to download something from the app store and I had to restart it. Then Ableton started having this problem, restarted the computer several times since then.
I checked the Live is slow to start or hangs on launch – Ableton
I followed what was there. Reset live by deleting Preferences.cfg Nothing has worked. I can show a screenshot of what it looks like.

According to Ableton this is a hang: "A hang is when Live freezes indefinitely and the only way to resolve it is to force quit." Is it just stuck permanently trying to load up? Will I have to uninstall it and reinstall to see if it will work again? Am I able to uninstall and reinstall a trial version? (I'm only 1 day into my trial).

Someone please help! I have to update my film festival entry ASAP as the sound mix needs adjustments :(

thanks

Last edited by Izzy1995; 2nd April 2019 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: updating link
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search