The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Live 10 Templates Control Surfaces
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear

Live 10 Templates

I'm looking for an Ableton Live 10 template for live performance.

I found the ill.gates template for Live 9 and it looks awesome but will this work with Live 10? Seems like there might have been some changes that would render the template unusable, but could be mistaken...

I'm really looking for some inspiration to reverse engineer how to do a few things and create a template of my own. The top two things I'd like to be able to do are:

1) Push button effects - push a pad, effect on; release the pad, effect off
2) cross fading between two live tracks - This seems to me like you'd really need to be incrementing and decrementing the volume on the two tracks simultaneously to create a sort of "cross-fade" effect.
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmill92 View Post
I'm looking for an Ableton Live 10 template for live performance.

I found the ill.gates template for Live 9 and it looks awesome but will this work with Live 10? Seems like there might have been some changes that would render the template unusable, but could be mistaken...
I can't see why not. Have you asked? Probably should be new versions coming too.
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmill92 View Post
The top two things I'd like to be able to do are:

1) Push button effects - push a pad, effect on; release the pad, effect off
2) cross fading between two live tracks - This seems to me like you'd really need to be incrementing and decrementing the volume on the two tracks simultaneously to create a sort of "cross-fade" effect.
1) There are two side of this and I assume here that you don't want to simply activate a device and inactivate it, but rather you want to make it heard when pressed and then drop out when letting go. Right? There is also the question if you want the device to get a signal at button press and be tapped, or just the latter? I assume both variants depending on effect type.

2) You mean without using the Live cross-fader, that was made for this type of scenario? What are the audible effects in detail you want when balancing the level of these tracks against each other? Would you need to be able to choose tracks on the fly?

Have you looked at Tom Cosm's templates? He has some very nice ideas I think, but I haven't really studied the templates or even used them. Now you got me interested in making Performance templates.

Last edited by Mikael B; 1st April 2019 at 03:05 AM..
Old 3rd April 2019
Here for the gear

I did message ill.gates but didn't hear anything back.. I imagine he gets messages all the time though. Will download the template and report back in this thread.

1) I'm looking to create effects similar to what you can do in the Novation Launchpad app on iPad (0:20 in this video YouTube). The ill.gates template I referenced has some preset effects like this, but I'm looking for guidance on how to recreate this myself. In his video tutorial it sounds like it requires some in depth knowledge of Ableton programming to do this type of thing. A bit of reverse engineering will be needed to figure out how he's doing it but I'll give it a go.

2) Wow. Not sure how I've never known about the Live cross-fader, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Good looks on the Tom Cosm stuff - I've been checking out loads of his tutorials the past few days. Some great stuff there.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search