The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trigger a track in Ableton while muting all others
Old 22nd March 2019
Here for the gear

Trigger a track in Ableton while muting all others

Hey Everyone.

My goal is to play some additional backing tracks via midi foot pedal.

I am trying to keep my midi assignments simple within Ableton so I've mapped each of my 5 pads to the play buttons at the bottom of each track. (see the MIDI map screenshot)

This works great and allows me to trigger clips in each session with the same midi note. I can use the same 5 pads over and over as I move down to the next scene.

But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to stop the previous track when the new track is triggered. (Similar to how it works when clips are stacked in a single track). Seems like once the clips are broken up on to separate tracks they will only play out in entirety.

Is there a way to stop the previous track when a new track is triggered? Or am I just not doing this the right way?

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Trigger a track in Ableton while muting all others-messages-image-1200379319-.jpg   Trigger a track in Ableton while muting all others-messages-image-851466775-.jpg   Trigger a track in Ableton while muting all others-messages-image-720632235-.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search