The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Raven with ableton and good??? Control Surfaces
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Raven with ableton and good???

Hey Guys,

Raven with ableton anyone using one or have experience with the Raven.
Old 4th March 2019
eumm Which Raven? There's a few options.
I assume you mean the Slate control surface/screen?
RAVEN CORE Station - Slate Media Technology
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

man from quasimidi

Old 4th March 2019
< I'll move this to the Ableton subforum >
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

I never tried it with Ableton, but with PT, and tbh, it was not an elegant or pleasant experience.... and I really tried. I respect some of the efforts they are making, but that one just didn't work for me, but ymmv.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hey Guys.. I gotta say using RAVEN with Ableton make it feel way more like mixing console. Plus the Batch Commands are very helpful.

Old 3 weeks ago
I'd say it depends on you. I own a Raven and I love it, but for Ableton I really do think the Ableton Push is by far the best option out there right now. Seriously - it's an incredible controller and I feel so damn creative using it with Ableton.

That said, if you do want something awesome for manipulating plugins and faders the Raven is hard to beat at any price in my opinion.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
I'd say it depends on you. I own a Raven and I love it, but for Ableton I really do think the Ableton Push is by far the best option out there right now. Seriously - it's an incredible controller and I feel so damn creative using it with Ableton.

That said, if you do want something awesome for manipulating plugins and faders the Raven is hard to beat at any price in my opinion.
They work together, as the Push is a MIDI controller and the RAVEN is a DAW controller. So mind as well have one of each.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search