The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton with Motu M64 Output problem
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Ableton with Motu M64 Output problem

My setup is pretty simple, I have a live show rig with Ableton 10 on a New Mac Mini. It's running running a bunch of audio track, a few midi patch and midi beat clock. It's hook to a Motu m64. I use 32 outputs. I tried clocking it via MADI and with the wordclock input. Both of them tells me that it's lock. But from time to time the session ****s up and the clocking goes bad (everything sound like it's going thru a bit crusher). To me it sound when you have the wrong MADI format. The other problem is that something it even switch the output into to motu.

exemple output 1 become out 25.

Which also led me to think that for whatever reason it is feeling like it's MADI format. I am output MADI optical 64.

anyone have any clue?

It's quite a heavy session but not crazy. 160 audio tracks
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

I also have the same problem. I'm using it live, so it's not ideal. Anyone has any info on that?
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

We shrunk the session to finish with 30 something out's and about 70 tracks.
Also we found out that the new macbook pro had problems with any USB2 interfaces, but with the new OS update, it is fixed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search