The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help! Ableton Loading Project Problem!
Old 29th December 2018
Here for the gear

Help! Ableton Loading Project Problem!

So I recently got a novation launchpad MK2 which also came with an Ableton live lite code, but after I download Ableton whenever I opened other peoples projects, it takes over 2 hours to load and then crashes, I downloaded Kaskobis Press Start Launchpad Project and when I opened it would load for 2 hours, then say the media files are missing and then close, could someone help me find a way to lower the time it takes to load and how I can open projects without the media going missing, I've tried this on 10 other projects and got the same results.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudySlime View Post
So I recently got a novation launchpad MK2 which also came with an Ableton live lite code, but after I download Ableton whenever I opened other peoples projects, it takes over 2 hours to load and then crashes, I downloaded Kaskobis Press Start Launchpad Project and when I opened it would load for 2 hours, then say the media files are missing and then close, could someone help me find a way to lower the time it takes to load and how I can open projects without the media going missing, I've tried this on 10 other projects and got the same results.
Is this a project compatible with Lite, which has only 8 tracks, is it? You'd be better off trying the Live 10 demo for 30 days. It can coexist on disk with Lite.
Old 29th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Is this a project compatible with Lite, which has only 8 tracks, is it? You'd be better off trying the Live 10 demo for 30 days. It can coexist on disk with Lite.
Well it is definitely compatible, and if it had instruments or plugins that werent able to be used in live lite it would tell me and remove them when I open the project. and it only contains 3 tracks but I'll try downloading demo version for 30 days and see what happens.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Well it is definitely compatible, and if it had instruments or plugins that werent able to be used in live lite it would tell me and remove them when I open the project. and it only contains 3 tracks but I'll try downloading demo version for 30 days and see what happens.
I never had Lite (only Intro), so didn't know this was an option. I find it very irritating one cannot open a Suite project in Standard and have all the Suite components removed automatically. Instead saving is disabled. I have to rely on the Suite demo running inside a virtual machine and remove anything manually.
Old 30th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Quote:
I never had Lite (only Intro), so didn't know this was an option. I find it very irritating one cannot open a Suite project in Standard and have all the Suite components removed automatically. Instead saving is disabled. I have to rely on the Suite demo running inside a virtual machine and remove anything manually.
Welp downloading Ableton live 10 demo didn't work, it crashed again when I tryed to open The Press Start Project. It worked perfectly fine without the project loaded but the project just crashed while loading, and the same thing happened when I tryed loading another big broject as well, its always the good songs or big projects I just cant open and I dont know why.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
always the good songs or big projects I just cant open and I dont know why.
Likely they contain something that doesn't agree with your current DAW system. Maybe you're missing a plug-in, or you use dubious plug-ins with issues that you may, or may not, be aware of?

I don't know where you're getting your projects, but crashes have happened for me with my older projects from time to time. The solution can be to build a new set by using the browser to add each track from the original. If the problem occur again when adding a single track, then avoid that one. Often for me, I could add all the tracks without issues, indicating a corrupt file in the original.

This gives you all the tracks, but unfortunately you can't add the returns. Recreating these will have to be an exercise.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Try loading it with no audio interface selected, or try another audio interface if you have one. Might also help to update your drivers.
Old 30th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
Try loading it with no audio interface selected, or try another audio interface if you have one. Might also help to update your drivers.
Yes! Finally! thank you so much, I can finally open the projects, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was able to figure out how to do the rest of the stuff but I would of never been able to do this if it werent for you!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search