The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moog Model 15 App Bridge to Protools
Old 28th December 2018
Here for the gear
Moog Model 15 App Bridge to Protools

I'm not sure this is the right place for this or if anyone's already figured this out in a post but I was interesting in somehow getting a bridge between an iOS app that is supports Ableton Link (i.e. Moog Model 15) and protools.

I have Moog Model 15 running on a 2018 iPAD and it support Ableton Link.
I have Protools 2018.12 running on Windows 10.
The windows 10 system is hardwired to a router and the iPAD is wifi connected to the router

I don't currently own Ableton Live.

I was wondering is it possible (and does it make sense) to use the Ableton Live Rewire plugin in protools to control a Ableton Live device on the iPAD and have that Ableton link to the iOS app? (e.g. I want to MIDI control out from protools track and Audio In from the iOS app maintaining clock sync).

- Can Ableton Live Rewire run between computers over network?
- Can Ableton Live act as Rewire Device and still support Ableton Link?
- What do I configure on Ableton Live?

If this doesn't work, I assume I could take the headphone output of the iPAD into my audio interface and probably use the lightning port connect to a MIDI port converter that I can connect to a MIDI port out of the Windows computer, but this seems like a lot of cables and gear get there.
Old 28th December 2018
Here for the gear
Humm...
Looks like Ableton Live cannot be a Rewire Device and also run Ableton Link
Looks like Reason cannot run Rewire and Ableton Link at the same time.
Looks like Rewire has to be between two DAWs on same computer.

If that's correct looks like my thinking is a dead-end. If anyone can confirm, that would help.
Old 28th December 2018
Here for the gear
Has anyone used rtpmidi to go from protools to audiobridge?
Old 4th January 2019
Here for the gear
rtpMIDI

Although it appears I am just talking to myself here, I have downloaded rtpMIDI and it is working.

I have the iPAD connected to my WIFI network (already did this previously to set up Protools Control App) and my Windows 10 PC is hardwired to the Modem. With rtpMIDI's configuration panel, I defined and enabled a port and added a connection for the iPAD - the local Name was iPAD, the Bonjour Name was PC.

In Anamoog App, set the MIDI In to "Network Session 1" and CH. '1'.
In Moog Model App, set the MIDI In to "Network Session 1" and CH. '2'.
set the MIDI Out to "Network Session 1" and CH. '3'.
On Anamoog I set the Configuration sample rate to 48K to match what I had n my Protools session. Didn't see a sample rate on Moog Model 15 App. I do not have ABELTON LINK enabled on either App.

In Protoools:

In MIDI Track 1:
Have the Input set to OMNI which is seeing input from my Roland RD-700 keyboard. Output set to iPAD channel 1 (e.g. for AnaMoog).
In MIDI Track 2:
Have the Input set to OMNI which is seeing input from my Roland RD-700 keyboard. Output set to iPAD channel 2 (e.g. for Moog Model 15).
In MIDI Track 3:
Ihave the Input set to iPAD channel 3 (e.g. Midi Output of Moog Model 15).

If I record enable only track 1 in protools and have the iPAD opened to the Anamoog App, playing my keyboard triggers Anamoog to play. Record enabling only Track 2 does not trigger Anamoog.

If I record enable only track 2 in protools and have the iPAD opened to the MOdel 15 App, playing my keyboard triggers Model 15 to play. Record enabling only Track 1 does not trigger Model 15.

If I record enable only track 3, playing the keyboard on the Model 15 App is being detected in protools.

It seems that the apps only play when their window is open (even when the are still active tasks on the iPAD).

So looks like I can send MIDI control from my keyboard to the apps. Looks like I can record MIDI control from the apps to Protools. I couldn't do this on ANAMOOG yet because you have to purchase that capability from the App store first. So far I've not got the apps to pick up the MIDI clock from Protools. Will investigate further and report back. Audio so far is just going to iPAD speakers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search