The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stops audio output @96khz
Old 27th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Stops audio output @96khz

Live 10 stops any audio output when it runs @ 96khz . Their support is very slow so probably someone can advise here if there's a solution for this problem. Few months ago they just suggested to go down to 44100 and IMO it's stupid.

I would also add that it's Windows 10 x64, enough powerfull PC with good CPU and 64G ram and MOTU 828x running through thunerbolt.

Would appreciate your advise
Old 27th December 2018
Lives for gear
Does the MOTU 828x work properly on its USB port?
Old 27th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
Does the MOTU 828x work properly on its USB port?
No and never did on Win 10. While working with sound it starts to make heavy noise spontaneously. I use it with thunderbolt.
Old 27th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshz View Post
No and never did on Win 10. While working with sound it starts to make heavy noise spontaneously. I use it with thunderbolt.
I was hoping that my simple one-liner question would prompt you to reveal here everything you've provided to tech support at MOTU.

Since you're already annoyed enough by the fact that the MOTU 828x (or its supporting software) is defective in some way, there is no good that would come from the GS community asking you a zillion diagnostic questions in a piecemeal manner. That would make you even more tired and annoyed.

I hope you're within the refund/return window on your ownership of this thing. If you think there's some combination of settings that would cause the symptoms you're experiencing, post that, and I'll (as others might also) speculate about the probability of that being a clue to the root cause.

Let's hope that MOTU tech support is simply suffering from Holiday Delay, and they'll quickly get back to you with something that makes your life better.
Old 27th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
I hope you're within the refund/return window on your ownership of this thing. If you think there's some combination of settings that would cause the symptoms you're experiencing, post that, and I'll (as others might also) speculate about the probability of that being a clue to the root cause.
I'm not. And I believe I've started experiencing some problems on Windows 10 (it worked fine over USB on Win 8) and most problems after updating to Live 10.

Drop-off usually occurs after recording external instrument to audio track. Disabling/enabling audio does not help. Evening shutting down and switching back on audio interface does not help. Only restarting Live solves the issue. So I may conclude it's not hardware.
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshz View Post
I'm not. And I believe I've started experiencing some problems on Windows 10 (it worked fine over USB on Win 8) and most problems after updating to Live 10.

Drop-off usually occurs after recording external instrument to audio track. Disabling/enabling audio does not help. Evening shutting down and switching back on audio interface does not help. Only restarting Live solves the issue. So I may conclude it's not hardware.
Have you reported the issue to Ableton support? I don't see how Live 10 would affect the operation of the AI driver, so the issue likely is with something in Live. Unless it's triggering a bug in the lower levels. I'd think that would be very rare.
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Have you reported the issue to Ableton support? I don't see how Live 10 would affect the operation of the AI driver, so the issue likely is with something in Live. Unless it's triggering a bug in the lower levels. I'd think that would be very rare.
I did. Few months ago they recomended not to use it at 96khz. Recently I've sent them again message and report.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search