The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Push 2 XL ?
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Push 2 XL ?

This could be nothing (or old news), but I was looking around inside the Probability Pack Max For Live devices from K-Devices to see how the Push integration works. In every patch there's a coll(ection) object for the control surface configuration, and the entries are:

LaunchPad_MK2
LaunchPad_PRO
Push
Push2
Push2_XL

The output of the coll is used to control a gate that leads to subpatchers for each control type, and the values for the Push2 and Push2_XL are both the same (4).

Seeing how this pack is "official" in the sense that you get it from the Ableton website, does this mean that a Push 2 XL is on the way? And if so, do these Max For Live patches suggest that the button/pad/encoder layout is the same? And does that mean the Push 2 XL is maybe just a Push 2 with some additional hardware features like an audio interface and midi I/O?

So much conjecture, I know. Sorry.
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent5 View Post
This could be nothing (or old news), but I was looking around inside the Probability Pack Max For Live devices from K-Devices to see how the Push integration works. In every patch there's a coll(ection) object for the control surface configuration, and the entries are:

LaunchPad_MK2
LaunchPad_PRO
Push
Push2
Push2_XL

The output of the coll is used to control a gate that leads to subpatchers for each control type, and the values for the Push2 and Push2_XL are both the same (4).

Seeing how this pack is "official" in the sense that you get it from the Ableton website, does this mean that a Push 2 XL is on the way? And if so, do these Max For Live patches suggest that the button/pad/encoder layout is the same? And does that mean the Push 2 XL is maybe just a Push 2 with some additional hardware features like an audio interface and midi I/O?

So much conjecture, I know. Sorry.

I also have this and it came with PrEditor from Isotonik Studios. I think this doesn't at all mean what you think. The "XL" likely stand for "eXtended Library" in typical developer lingo, indicating a script with additional functions.
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
I also have this and it came with PrEditor from Isotonik Studios. I think this doesn't at all mean what you think. The "XL" likely stand for "eXtended Library" in typical developer lingo, indicating a script with additional functions.
Ah cool, that makes sense.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search