The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton 10 Autosave PLEASE!
Old 15th December 2018
Lives for gear
Ableton 10 Autosave PLEASE!

So, I'm usually pretty good when it comes to frequently saving my session in Live. My rig is also pretty stable so I've not run into many issues recently. But today I was cranking away and forgot to save for a couple hours.

Of course my trusty studio cat stepped on the power button of the DAW and turned it off. All the work was recovered, but the VST settings were not only NOT recovered, but every plugin in the session returned to it's init preset.

Ableton, FFS just give us a normal autosave function!!!!
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMST View Post
but the VST settings were not only NOT recovered, but every plugin in the session returned to it's init preset.
Usually this is not what happens, but I've seen what you describe with a few. I agree an optional auto-save would be welcome. It needs to co-exist with the previous sets system though. Who wants hundreds of artificially made five minute sets in there?
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Usually this is not what happens, but I've seen what you describe with a few. I agree an optional auto-save would be welcome. It needs to co-exist with the previous sets system though. Who wants hundreds of artificially made five minute sets in there?
People like me who don't use Ableton as a performance tool, but as a production tool. An optional pro tools like autosave would be great.
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMST View Post
People like me who don't use Ableton as a performance tool, but as a production tool. An optional pro tools like autosave would be great.
I use Live as a production tool and I don't want this. A reasonable approach could be to not save a new set on the automated saves, only on manual. The auto-saves also need to be part of the undo history and exist in harmony with this.

It's possible automated saves could affect performance, depending a bit on the disks involved, so optional would be nice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search