The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Batch Fades on Audio Clips
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Batch Fades on Audio Clips

I've searched the internet and have found no definitive answer.

Does Live 10 allow the user to fade multiple audio clips, in the arrangement view, at once or do you have to individually fade each clip?

For example, say I wanted to bounce out a drum track, sounds good for the moment and I need to commit the processing and save some CPU, if in the future I wish to make chops of each kick drum to modify the envelope of the sound throughout the entirety of the kick track is there any way I can make those chops, select all of the chops and then apply a single fade to each file, in one move? You can do this in Logic and Studio One by selecting all audio clips and applying the fade as an external control, down to the millisecond and also modify the curve from the same little menu.

Yay or nay?

Old 14th December 2018
Gear Nut

Still can not. Don't know why such a basic function is omitted for years. But this is a requested feature. If I work in Live I use Smack or LFO tool to shorten one shots.
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinga View Post
Still can not. Don't know why such a basic function is omitted for years. But this is a requested feature. If I work in Live I use Smack or LFO tool to shorten one shots.
It's very frustrating. Really stupid design choice imo. Oh well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search