The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton external instrument with Kronos help
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Ableton external instrument with Kronos help

I’m setting up a Kronos with Ableton for somebody, downloaded midi driver, have Kronos as input sound card, Kronos is showing up in midi preferences, I turn local off in global settings, load an external instrument set midi to Kronos, ch 1, and audio from 1/2, great everything seems on point, the problem is when loading another external instrument, I go to midi track 2 on the Kronos, then set up the external instrument for Kronos ch 2, audio from 1/2, and monitor in great success! Not really because I can’t stop audio from being fed to the first external instrument, so after recording the midi, and playback the audio, audio from both tracks is playing on each track, but if I go and freeze and flatten one of the tracks audio from that track only is rendered so that’s good, I’ve got everything on the track itself (not the external instrument cell) set to all ins but have changed it to Kronos and ch 1 and so on but it doesn’t help or change that audio from each track external instrument track plays in each external instrument track instead of individually, so basically if I have a piano and bass on separate external instrument tracks with separate midi notes, If I solo one lets say the piano I’ll still hear the bass coming in, and if I unsolo both will be playing on each, but if I freeze and flatten one only the bass or piano will be rendered depending on which track is flattened, I need for the audio from each of the external instruments not to be fed on playback to all other external instruments but each individually, it seems like a monitor setting somewhere, Any ideas?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search