The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Warp Artifacts
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Warp Artifacts

So I just realized what I thought was bad compression on my end was ableton warp artifacts using beats modes. After I recorded stuff I could hear mostly what sounds like high hats/shakers coming up abnormally in volume...sometimes even the tail of a kick. I thought it was part of the recording and I missed it due to tired ears or something. I had been living with this on some of my live set beats for quite some time now figuring I would have to go back and fix it.

Anyway working on another loop and I turned warp off and noticed that the sound wasnt there. Im not even adjusting the tempo at all just setting warp markers so I can cut up/loop the audio. Might have been discussed before In detail but damn all the warp modes have their issues sheesh. on ableton 9 by the way maybe its been updated in recent versions.

Anyway this problem was fixed enough for my liking by changing beats mode from Transients to Bar. On final exports probably worth going through the work to unwarp and line up all audio on the arrangment view.
Old 1 day ago
afa
Gear Nut

All warp algorithms are different and work best with different kinds of material. Usually, one of the algorithms works much better than the rest. I suggest you try them all.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search