The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a way to reverse individual slices in Simpler?
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Is there a way to reverse individual slices in Simpler?

Is there a way to reverse individual slices in Ableton Simpler?

I've tried on the Push and tried to find a way using the keyboard and searched the forum and the Internet for an answer, but found only one unanswered question on the Ableton forum.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Is there a way to reverse individual slices in Ableton Simpler?

I've tried on the Push and tried to find a way using the keyboard and searched the forum and the Internet for an answer, but found only one unanswered question on the Ableton forum.
I think you'll need to slice to multiple Simplers, the classic way, to achieve this.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Ok, thanks Mikael. I'm still finding my way with Ableton and Push and this sounds like an over-complicated procedure. I expect that if nobody else is asking for it then maybe it's not really something that people want. It seems like a missed trick to me though.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Ok, thanks Mikael. I'm still finding my way with Ableton and Push and this sounds like an over-complicated procedure. I expect that if nobody else is asking for it then maybe it's not really something that people want. It seems like a missed trick to me though.
It would be a nice feature with slice reverse especially considering any audio clip in Live 10 can do this.

Don't dismiss the new old way though. It's actually very straightforward to convert to multiple Simplers. Just right-click the sample in Simpler while in slice mode and choose "Slice to Drum Rack". Every slice will be put into its own Simpler, mapped to a drum pad and a clip playing the loop will be added in this track. You can play this clip, make your own clips playing the slices and treat each slice individually.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Mikael.

I hope I didn't sound ungrateful for the workaround, as i'm sure I'll be using your method regularly once I get a few more hours of use under my belt. I'm trying to run before learning some of the basics still with Ableton. I expect certain things to work a certain way and in some cases i've been pleasantly surprised by the power of Ableton and yet other times equally frustrated with it's limitations, or more so my efforts to achieve what i'm aiming for. It's good to know that there are workarounds.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search