The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can Ableton Standard and Suite exist together on the same computer?
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Nut
Can Ableton Standard and Suite exist together on the same computer?

I've just bought a Suite License on ebay with the hope and expectation of selling my Standard License on the same marketplace. The reason being is that it looked to be better value than taking my usual upgrade route, at least with what I hope to get from selling Standard.

I've spent a few minutes trying to ask this question in the help section of Ableton to see what the procedure is regarding either keeping both versions installed on my computers until I sell Standard, or whether or not I need to uninstall Standard first for a clean install of Suite?

I couldn't find the answer

Does anybody know the best procedure and also if the packs that I currently have that aren't included in 10 Standard by default, but must have become freebie downloads over the years, are included with the Standard license that i'm going to sell on?
Old 15th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
I've just bought a Suite License on ebay with the hope and expectation of selling my Standard License on the same marketplace. The reason being is that it looked to be better value than taking my usual upgrade route, at least with what I hope to get from selling Standard.

I've spent a few minutes trying to ask this question in the help section of Ableton to see what the procedure is regarding either keeping both versions installed on my computers until I sell Standard, or whether or not I need to uninstall Standard first for a clean install of Suite?

I couldn't find the answer

Does anybody know the best procedure and also if the packs that I currently have that aren't included in 10 Standard by default, but must have become freebie downloads over the years, are included with the Standard license that i'm going to sell on?
You clearly need just Suite activated. So activate Suite the usual way. You can't inactivate Standard anyway, so just toss it out and keep the Packs installed that you intend to keep.

Before you can sell your Standard license you need to move over any packs you might have gotten, not part of Standard or Suite, that you don't intend to include in the sale. itemize a list of these and ask Ableton to make sure those packs you want to keep belong to your Suite license.

Then you'll be ready for selling the Standard license.
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Nut
Thank you Mikael.

I'm still waiting for the new license to be transferred by Ableton so that i'm able to download it, but sounds trouble free.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search