The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looper Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 11th August 2018
Here for the gear

Looper

I have been trying to set up a live looper rig and have hit some roadblocks.
I have tried Ableton’s looper and it does great. In particular my first loop sets the tempo of my set,
however as I switch to different instrument tracks to overdub...
I loose the ability to have the visual feedback of the looper. As only the selected track’s devices or plugins are visible.

I originally looked towards max for live and saw a lot of stuff about floating windows, but max is way over my head. And I didn’t see anything similar to the beats and bars that light up as your loop plays in looper device

Then I checked out mobius. I liked how customizable (really too customizable for what I need) it was and as a vst I can drag it to another screen and it stays open so can see what the looper is doing no matter what track is selected in ableton. Again... the learning curve is quite steep, but managed to get it looping in Ableton with my FCB1010. However I can’t for the life of me get Ableton to slave from mobius as master, Which is a must for what I want to do. Also it’s 32 bit and running through jbridge and I fear not stable enough for live performances

I’ve looked at numerous other loopers that have not worked out. Gloop, sooperlooper, Augustus, to name a few

Any advise on a workaround for ableton’s looper “staying on top” or making ableton change tempo to my first loop in mobius or just another vst that may work for me would be greatly appreciated.

Using:
Windows 10 64
Ableton 10
FCB1010
Bome’s Midi Translator (for some added midi routing)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search