The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Safe to delete Ableton 9? DAW Software
Old 7th June 2018
Safe to delete Ableton 9?

Hey guys I recently installed Ableton Live 10 Suite. To my surprise Ableton 9 is still on my computer.

I want to remove it but I'm scared that it may screw up my Live 10 version.

Has anyone deleted their previous version without issues
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Maniac
I uninstalled it as soon as I got the non-beta Live 10. No problems, the settings are all in separate folders.
Old 7th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottering View Post
I uninstalled it as soon as I got the non-beta Live 10. No problems, the settings are all in separate folders.
Thanks mate.

I'll start the de-installation process.
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Thanks mate.

I'll start the de-installation process.
Yeah, you can choose to keep your settings or you can do a clean install of it. I chose to get rid of EVERYTHING connected to Ableton Live 9, even hidden folders. So, I started over completely new with Ableton Live 10 Suite.

It's so nice that we can download packs from the side bar now, that would have been a hassle having to go to the website to get all of those packs.
Old 8th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffirepro40 View Post
Yeah, you can choose to keep your settings or you can do a clean install of it. I chose to get rid of EVERYTHING connected to Ableton Live 9, even hidden folders. So, I started over completely new with Ableton Live 10 Suite.

It's so nice that we can download packs from the side bar now, that would have been a hassle having to go to the website to get all of those packs.
Ya, I love the packs download feature! I finished downloading them yesterday. I also moved my sound libraries to a secondary drive to free up some room in my already full main drive.
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear
How did you move sound libraries to second drive? I'm on Mac if it makes any difference.
Old 15th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrzak View Post
How did you move sound libraries to second drive? I'm on Mac if it makes any difference.
Here are the directions that I followed to move my Ableton sound libraries:

Using multiple hard drives – Ableton

Cheers!
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear
Keep in mind if you do collaborations that there will be plenty of people not upgrading. None of my collaborators have done that. Which is one reason I keep Live 9 installed.
Old 22nd June 2018
I haven't done any collabs but you have a good point.
Old 24th June 2018
Here for the gear

Wait so Ableton doesn't just updated within? I'm so outta the loop...
Old 24th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetBefore View Post
Wait so Ableton doesn't just updated within? I'm so outta the loop...

Newer versions of Ableton do not overwrite the previous version on your computer. It installs in a new directory.
Old 31st July 2018
Here for the gear
How to uninstall Ableton Live 9

Just simply go to the user control panel and then go to add remove programs. There you will see the list of all installed programs, just select Ableton Live 9 Software and simply click to uninstall it. This is the answer to your question.

Last edited by ainee; 31st July 2018 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: ading details
Old 1st April 2019
Here for the gear

I am using Ableton Live 10 but never face any problem as you shared. You can uninstall the previous version by simply going to Program and Features option from Control Panel.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search